Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kinda cool App... iGrill

I'm doing my turkey a few days late. Using Mad Max's method...sort of... my wife got involved... Anyway. I'm using the iGrill thermometer and app. It records a continuous record of the cook. I'm attaching a pdf. file. There are some times the temps jump down. That's when I realized the probes must be in the wrong place. I have 1 probe for the thigh and one for the breast. This is by no means essential. Just a fun thing to play with.... Oh yeah, how it works. I have the thermometer outside and it connects via bluetooth to iphone or iPad that is inside.... Let's see if the graph actually shows up on this post?

Deluca

Comments

• Deluca
    Deluca Posts: 148
    Here's a screen shot of the iPad app.
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    How do you guys like your iGrill therm? I was thinking about buying one.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Deluca
    I'm liking it now. A new updated app works better than the original. I used to have issues pairing the devices.  The graph can be saved as a pdf to look back on if you wish. I really like not having to open the egg to check temps. Even better, I don't have to walk outside when it's cold. Although I keep finding myself out there anyway just to check on things. It does not have an "oven" or "egg" temp to tell you how hot it is inside. I'm happy with it. For what ever that's worth. 
  • I used my iGrill for the first time on our turkey.  Like you said its not essential but its a great remote thermometer.  Unfortunately the android version of the app doesn't include graphing function but I have no other complaints.  I was really impressed with how well it stayed connected via the bluetooth.  I walked around every room of the house and didn't loose connection.  It nice to view it from your phone without needing carry around another remote.  I can't wait to try the ambient temp probe.  You can set an alarm to go off if the BGE temp gets too high or too low.
  • I'm very interested in this. I've been searching around for some reviews but have been unable to find many.

With that said has anyone tried the ambient temperature probe yet? It seems like it'd be a winner if it works correctly
  • Deluca
    I just saw that it was offered. No reviews for you though. Sorry
  • I have seen that the ambient probe can withstand 600 degrees but only reads up to 400.  Don't know if that's a physical limitation of the probe or if the limitation is in the app.  
  • the majority of my cooks are < 400 degrees so that isn't too big of a deal. I've added this to my christmas wish list and will review if I recieve.

Thanks for the help

• have it, and love it! Keeps the lid closed longer, dual probes and alarms, just as accurate as my maverick.