Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Made it through the night...

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It is now about 12 hours since I put my 7lb Boston butt on the BGE - the grill was already warm from the ribs and quickly stabilized at the 200 degree dome temp. Best of all, it made it through the night and has stayed at the 200 degree mark - the BGE makes this BBQ thing kind of easy. If an hour or so I'll put the polder probe into the butt and start watching the internal temp.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Gfw,
    Go ahead on brother! I just checked the picnic I put on the egg 11 hours ago. Just checked it and the internal temperature is 204,
    dome temperature is 200, and it has been on for 11 hours. At this point I usually take it off, apply some sauce
    (1qt applecider vinegar, 1 stick butter, copious amounts of crushed red pepper, half bottle prepared mustard,
    10 oz hot water - all simmered for 1 hour), wrap in foil and put back on the egg of a few more hours, take a
    long walk on the beach. I usually do butts with good success, but decided to try a picnic. We'll see in a few hours. How long is your butt staying on - total egg time? Looking food at this point. It's gonna be a fine Q and beach day. [p]

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Tarheel, Just inserted the polder and let the temp creep up to 260 degrees dome. The polder reads 152 internal degrees... it'll be there until it hits the 200 degree mark - I'm in no hurry.[p]The beach sounds great... in Peoria it's overcast (will probably rain) with high temps and humidity. Have a great day!