Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Cubed Steak??

Any of you ever grilled up cubed steak before? Thinking about grilling up some tonight (venison btw)... Probably just dust it down with DP Cosmic Cow and sear it quickly. Not sure how this will turn out, because I've only fried it in the past. We will see! :)

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337

i have always wanted to try it but other things always distract me i would follow wess b's unfried chicken. only with cubed steak!

http://www.wessb.com/Cooks/chick/unfried_chicken.htm

that is always what i thought i would do it.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• I have done this several times, using rub mixed with flour. Soak in milk then batter - if need to you can spray with butter to soak in the flour. This is a great alternative to frying - chicken is also good like this..... Good Luck.....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024

I've been wanting to try that method out for awhile now too.  Tonight though, I just grilled the venison up without any flour or batter.  Simply seasoned it with BGE/Dizzy Pig Cosmic Cow Seasoning.  Turned out awesome.  Don't know why I've never grilled cubed steak up before.  I guess it's because the only way I had it growing up was fried.  Will definitely get more cubed steak processed with my next deer.  I grilled these up at around a 450 deg f dome temp for just a few minutes.  Tender, juicy and delicious.  The Cosmic Cow is good stuff.

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Wow Dyal that looks totally awesome! Looks like you nailed every aspect of it across the board. Almost licked the screen.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    that does indeed look great!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Looks great - nice cook. Never grilled cubed steak, usually fried as you note, must try this. Thanks for sharing. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Thanks, fellas'! If you try it, just be sure to grill it fast.  Don't want to dry it out since it's thin.  Good stuff.  :)