Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Part I: New (semi) portable BoomBox. Part II: Egging with bleeding eardrums

Options
nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
edited November 2012 in Off Topic
Got a really good deal on this.  My neighbors impressed me with a portable jawbone speaker.  Not to be outdone, this thing weighs 32 pounds without the 12 D cell batteries.    TDK Boombox.  Man it's LOUD!  And the sound quality is excellent.

http://www.tdkperformance.com/en-us/Home-Audio/Boomboxes/3-Speaker-Boombox-Audio-System/

Oh, and a new salmon knife I got a few days ago but forgot in my buddy's car until today.  Messermeister 12".  Could have used this last weekend.

Comments

• jeroldharter
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Jawbone Big Jambox as a good egg accessory. Along with an iPad and iGrill...
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I saw these on woot the other day :).  That is bad @$$.  It's almost too heavy to walk down the street with it on your shoulder.  Now all you need is a piece of cardboard and a track suit! 

(Borrowed from a previous thread today!)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Jawbone Big Jambox as a good egg accessory. Along with an iPad and iGrill...
    Pound for pound, that Jambox is impressive.  That's the one the vegetarian lawyer neighbors have.  They inspired me.  I got this one from woot.com for around $220.

I'm gonna get a big effin' gold chain and hang a giant BGE medallion on that MF-er and show up at Mickey's egg fest in a Nike track suit (except for the kilt part) and a giant 'fro with that be-otch up on mah shoulder.  That'll confuse the hell outta people and make kids cry.

Take an iPad and show the movie Breakin to the kids. All will be forgiven.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Little Steven
    Options

Nola,

Lookin forward to seeing you there.

:(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    I'm gonna get a big effin' gold chain and hang a giant BGE medallion on that MF-er and show up at Mickey's egg fest in a Nike track suit (except for the kilt part) and a giant 'fro with that be-otch up on mah shoulder.  That'll confuse the hell outta people and make kids cry.
    Nah, won't warrant a second glance...Everybody will think you are one of those "keep Austin weird" peeps . :D
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Nah, won't warrant a second glance...Everybody will think you are one of those "keep Austin weird" peeps . :D
    drag worms - you still call them that?

I'm gonna get a big effin' gold chain and hang a giant BGE medallion on that MF-er and show up at Mickey's egg fest in a Nike track suit (except for the kilt part) and a giant 'fro with that be-otch up on mah shoulder.  That'll confuse the @#!*% outta people and make kids cry.
    drag worms - you still call them that?
    yep. But they are way too 'heroin chic" to roll with a pimp box like that. They are more into growing beards, smelling bad,  harassing people for coinage and trying to coerce coed girls down dark alleys late at night. Good group of folks
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    I imagine that thing just pounding out "WHO DAT, WHO DAT" And all that garbage
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    OK people...don't Google "Keep Austin Weird"...and don't look at the images.  Some things you can't unsee   X_X

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Hey, well at least LSU beat South Carolina. 
    Options
    I got a Nokia play 360. It has blue tooth and a 21 hour battery life and sounds pretty good. I have made it a couple hundred feet from the speaker and it stays connected to my phone. I food saver it and bring it into the pool in the summer.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Lit said:
    I got a Nokia play 360. It has blue tooth and a 21 hour battery life and sounds pretty good. I have made it a couple hundred feet from the speaker and it stays connected to my phone. I food saver it and bring it into the pool in the summer.
    awesome idea - very creative.
    Options
    OK people...don't Google "Keep Austin Weird"...and don't look at the images.  Some things you can't unsee   X_X
    Of course I had to do it.  I think I need to bump up the appt with my shrink.  Thanks for the vision of hairy man ass.  ;)
    That is Leslie. Our (may he rest in peace) local homeless, tranny, mayoral candidate, and celebrity. He died last year but he is a legend. I've seen that thing rolling down the street on bikes, walking, and cruising 6th st. For handouts.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nola, too bad there is no dual tape deck.

That ghetto blaster is top-notch! I hope to get to see it in March.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Twelve D-cells?!?  Hope you got an AC adapter with it.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    You'll see it in march and I did order a 12pk of D cells from Amazon.  Came with a 24V 40 watt adapter.  Who like to rock the party, I like to rock the party!
    nolaegghead Posts: 3,046
    2:46AM
    Hey, well at least LSU beat South Carolina.

That hurt :(
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Hashmaker said:
    nolaegghead Posts: 3,046 2:46AM Hey, well at least LSU beat South Carolina. That hurt :(
    I apologize.  I need to be more sensitive.  I only brought up that victory because SC beat Georgia.