Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Orleans Mardi Gras...advice

Options
double
double Posts: 1,214
The annual boys trip is going to be during Mardi Gras. Any locals advice on nice places to stay on parade routes. Yep I know will cost a fortune and probably left booking a little late!

Secondly must eat places.

Thanks in advance!

D
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• travisstrick
    Options
    When you buy grenades, get one regular and one without ice. It costs double but you get three times the booze. Refill your one with ice with the one without.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    First of all ensure that you check the schedule... last i knew they were talking about splitting Mardi Gras up due to the first week being during Superbowl week also in New Orleans this year.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Yep Fat Tuesday is Feb 12th we are going from the 7th to the 12th

Lynnwood WA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah - like Parallel said - check the schedules.  If money is no object, St. Charles in the Garden District area is a great area that catches a lot of good parades.  If you want to focus more on the Super Crews (Bacchus and Endymion), then look around Canal in Mid City.   Lots of B&Bs in town, most of them in Parade routes are booked years in advance, look, but your best bets might be hotels or look in craigs list for people renting out apartments for the event, maybe even their houses.

Eatz - optiontrader came down for his anniversary recently so this NOLA food thread is pretty fresh:  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143909/places-to-eat-in-nola/p1

The French Quarter doesn't have as many parades except on the Canal Street edge, but it would be a fun place to stay - not as "family" appropriate and may be hard to get any sleep unless you're completely hammered because of the street noise unless you have a courtyard room.

Have fun!