Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ha Ha …

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have Jerked Ribs on my Medium Egg and you Don’t!!!![p]Two taste cravings hit at once this morning. First, I have wanted ribs for the better part of three months now. Second, the taste of the islands has also hit me in the head. [p]I got a nice rack of spare ribs at the West Side Market this morning and when I got home, I peeled the membrane off the back. Next, I applied a generous amount of Mrs. Dog’s Jerk Seasoning and put them back in the bag. Then I splashed some Key Lime Juice and Rum in the bag. I let everything sit for only an hour while I put the rest of produce away.[p]I grabbed my Medium BGE and fired it up. I rolled and skewered the ribs and placed them on with a handful of Guava Wood Chips and Tabasco Wood Chips. Sometime in the next 3 or 4 hours, I will be dining on Jerked Ribs and Sweet Corn. I also have some Red Stripe accompany the meal.[p]I might make some Pickapepper Shrimp, we shall see.[p]What does everyone else have cooking?
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• Wino
    Wino Posts: 69
    RhumAndJerk,
    Tabasco wood chips? Did you make these or buy them. You have me very intrigued. Doing Mad Max’s crab cakes myself with a soy ginger sauce. Corn on the cob to complete the meal. Enjoy those ribs.
    Wino

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Wino,
    You get the Chips right from Tabasco. They are made from the barrels they use to make Tabasco Sauce. You can also get Jack Daniels Chips.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]