Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is not venison.

OK, I have been getting up at 0400 all week to go deer hunting.  Didn't even see one.  The WMA wildlife biologist tells me, on my way out the last day, that the area our group picked has an unusually high coyote and black bear population, which scares the deer away.  I wish I'd known that earlier.

Anyway, ate leftovers all week, and this is our first hot and fresh cook.  Chicken legs done with Traeger Sweet Rub and a nice tossed salad.  Feels good to relax, and get in the hot tub after a week of hours sitting on a stool in a blind.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Pics

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc, We never had coyotes (in any degree) till a few years ago. They were called brush wolves up here. The wolf packs are dying off cause they take down bigger animals than they used to. They walk right up in our back yard and look at us like we could be dinner.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Welcome home, Doc.  Sorry it didn't work out for you.  The legs look great!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc, We never had coyotes (in any degree) till a few years ago. They were called brush wolves up here. The wolf packs are dying off cause they take down bigger animals than they used to. They walk right up in our back yard and look at us like we could be dinner.
    If you are outside city limits, sounds like a case for a 12 ga.  In Florida there is no size, no limit on feral (is there any other kind) pigs or coyotes.  In fact, hunt club leases generally require you to shoot any of these that come into you area.

• Buddy, I'm in Canada! Criminals are the only ones that get guns. I go out and chase them away with a three iron.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited November 2012
    Doc, We never had coyotes (in any degree) till a few years ago. They were called brush wolves up here. The wolf packs are dying off cause they take down bigger animals than they used to. They walk right up in our back yard and look at us like we could be dinner.
    We have a big coyote population in our hood.  People move out here and think being surrounded by 80 acres-of-never-can-be-developed land is no different than living in the urban hood.  
    A new missing-pet-poster appears weekly around here.  
    Rattle snake are also a big problem, but we have a road runner that has adopted our yard beyond the fence and he is a pretty good snake catcher.  But boy, does he have a body order problem....
    He also he did himself proud when the coyotes ganged up on him..He won that fight. Now I understand why Wile E Coyote never caught the RoadRunner.  

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited November 2012
    Ha, Austin Egghead, the spouse was in a blind about 50 yards away from mine.  She said she was sort of nodding, as will happen in a deer blind, and looked down to see a big black snake crawling over her boots.  Thankfully, it really was a blacksnake and not a moccasin.  It came out of the bushes while we were braking down later.

• Doc, opening day was yesterday in Texas. I've been stuck at work all week but I have the next tm few days off. I'm dragging the camper up to the lease and killing something! Since its central Texas, I'm guaranteed to kill a deer of some kind.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Ha, when I cleaned up I discovered one of the legs had fallen off.  Extra crispy.

• Oops, left the pic off.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Oops, left the pic off.
    Fantastic bark!