Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

John Mueller is "OUT"

Options

Thought I'd share this with all the Austin folks. Just came across this article, apparently the sister (who actually owns it) has fired John and hired on Franklin's former pitmaster John Lewis. Apparently his "comeback" wasn't much of a comeback. Thought you guys might be interested.

John Mueller is "OUT"

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    There needs to be a 'Q soap opera... "As the spit turns" or something like that.

If I had a gob of $$, I'd set up a home for wayward pit-masters here in the cold and dreary northland. J. Mueller would probably curse his life in exile, but it would save me a 1000+ mi. trip for some good beef ribs.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Great catch Grif. Not surprising at all. Last time I went down there, he had a huge poster on the side of the trailer with a disgruntled customer's negative review. He just could not let it go. It was up for weeks and he would talk to every single person in line about what a tool the guy was. it was half funny/half weird. He is legendary for his issues but the dude can cook. makes the move of John Lewis from Franklin make a lot more sense now. image
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You just got to hate retail sometimes.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Man, I totally get it. We had a restaurant for 2 years and it was brutal. You just wanted to choke everyone................but we had a wine/beer store too so we just drank a lot
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

Mickey said:

Man, I totally get it. We had a restaurant for 2 years and it was brutal. You just wanted to choke everyone................but we had a wine/beer store too so we just drank a lot

I had a job as a waiter for exactly two days one summer. I have never wanted to choke slam that many people in my life (that's a lot, I love to choke slam people). I quit and went to stay with a girl at her moms condo on the beach. It was totally the right decision.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I had a job as a waiter for exactly two days one summer. I have never wanted to choke slam that many people in my life (that's a lot, I love to choke slam people). I quit and went to stay with a girl at her moms condo on the beach. It was totally the right decision.
    That was you?
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Mickey said:
    That's one reason I'm always polite to the wait staff.  Don't want to get choke slammed, and I especially don't want a passive aggressive employee to "garnish" my meal with a hock o luggie (or worse).  That is, unless I'm treated rudely without cause, then I turn into a royal ****.
    Mickey said:
    no brainer.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I just saw this on the another "family friendly" forum:

"@louiemuellerbbq just tweeted, "Brother John is fired, stealing from family again it seems.If you've been conned by John Mueller, please contact Wayne"

Wow- talk about airing your dirty laundry! Bet Thanksgiving at the Mueller house is going to be a bit frosty this year. They all seem a little unstable to me. And when Centex is calling your family out for instability, your life has taken a hideous detour.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Surprised no one else noticed the picture of the nekkid lady shoveling snow at the bottom of the page on that John Mueller link????
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    Wow - out again.  

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.