Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gonna be a great weekend...

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MyBge.jpg
<p />Actually it is starting tonight. To make sure that I run out of pulled pork before tomorrow, I’m making pulled pork Mexican Enchiladas tonight. They will be served with refried beans and Spanish rice. [p]Since I will be out of pulled pork because of the Enchiladas for tonight I decided to make baby backs for dinner tomorrow – they’ll be on the BGE about 1pm tomorrow. [p]What you might ask do baby backs have to do with being out of pulled pork – since the BGE will be warm from the ribs around 6pm, I have a 7lb Boston butt that (later this evening) will be covered with a layer of Memphis rub and tomorrow a layer of mustard – ready to start the overnight cook. [p]Life is GOOD when it all fits together. Guess I’ll have to think of something for Sunday![p]Best wishes to all for a great weekend!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Gfw
    06_22_0017_57_01.jpg
    <p />Part 1 (the picture) is done and almost gone... I saved a few of the Enchiladas for lunch tomorrow. At about 7pm we'll prepare the butt - the ribs are ready for tomorrow.
    [ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Randman
    Randman Posts: 31
    Gfw, The enchiladas look wonderful. Do you follow a particular recipe for them or just throw 'em together with what's on hand?

• Gfw
    randman, there are some on this forum who are really creative, and then there is me - I need a recipe - check out the link - this is the 2nd time - both times were great.

[ul][li]Enchiladas[/ul]
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    gfw,
    weekend?? here is definition of "a great weekend" - this is what i purchased today - 20 lbs. chicken wings, 22 lbs. of baby backs, 3 lbs. black angus tenderloin, 2 lbs. shrimp - 1.5 lbs of scallops - do you think that will be enough for jslot and marty , the colonel and dee , and alyce and i.[p]hey colonel - what did you pick up at the market??

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Mr. Toad, Good evening--I haven't eaten in three days preparing myself for "THE" Great Weekend. In addition to the Toads purchase, I added 16 pounds of Boston Butt. Throw in a couple of cases of Chimay, the Belgium Brew from Heaven and good friends like the Toads and the JSlots--well, THAT my friends is a great weekend.
    yours in the egg--The Colonel

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    the colonel,[p]you forget dee's masterpiece - tell the folks about it!!

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Mr. Toad, Sorry Sire> Dee is preparing a vanilla cheezecake with a strawberry swirl. She is topping it ever so lightly with a strawberry glaze and beside her masterpiece she will place a strawberry dipped in white chocolate with a chocolate swirl. This my friends will make you want to slap your mother-in-law.
    yours in the egg--and desserts--the Colonel
    p.s. Saturday she is making fresh blue berry crunch!!!!!

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Mr. Toad,[p]How many eggs are you going to use for this cook? Between you and The Colonel it looks close to 60lbs of meat. Ya'll gonna be busy.....[p]Z[p][p]
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    The Colonel,[p]That sounds good - all of it. That blue berry crunch sounds really good. Gonna be making a fresh blackberry cobbler tomorrow, if I can get enough. The lack of rain down here in Florida has made us some very sweet blackberries. Kinda small, but very sweet.[p]Z

• Zip,
    That's right, nothing better than fresh off the bush. The blueberries are big and sweet this year. Best batch I've had lately. By the way, we are using two big humptys and one baby humpty to heat the meat.
    yours in the egg--the Colonel

• Wow! what a good visual. I wish I had smell vision on my moniter. I am originally from Oklahoma and those "enches" look really familiar and taste great. Good job on the pictures.
    yours in the "ole'" egg--The Colonel

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    The Colonel,
    All right. All right!!!! We get the point.
    HOLY COW!!!! You guys are doin it right, that is for sure. So good to hear of you old-time-bbq-friends getting together...in style.[p]Looks like yall don't need any lessons on how to go all out! A RIGHTEOUS time should be had by all! Have a blast.[p]Happy Friday
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw, In the picture I can see the salt and pepper. I know from earlier posts you said you use sea salt exclusively now so I knew that, but what brand/mixture is that in the pepper grinder? It appears colorful to say the least! ^oo^~

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Mr. Toad,[p]That sounds like a great event indeed. Please say "hi" to your fine guests for me. Heck, if you didn't live so far away, you could borrow some of my cooking toys. Have fun![p]K~G

• Nature Boy
    Gfw,
    After seeing pictures of your house, your porch, your garden, your jeep, and all of the great food you have been whipping up, I kinda feel like I know you. Any pictures of you and the missuz, or just you that might help close this little void I have in my mind. Picture of you proudly flipping food on humpty maybe?? Sorry, but I can't hold back my curiosity anymore!! [p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • KennyG
    Gfw,[p]It will be a great weekend for sure. I won't be doing anywhere near as much cooking. I'm just looking forward to getting all of my gear out of the garage and onto the new outdoor kitchen. The wife will stop complaining about not being able to fully open the door to her car and life will be good.[p]K~G

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    The Colonel,[p]Can I please come, too?[p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy, The only thing not going into Humpty is squid. Maybe I should----Naaaahhhhh, not this time.
    yours in the squidless egg--The Colonel

• Nature Boy
    KennyG,
    Once you start setting up all those cookers on in your new outdoor playground, you will want to get one of em goin! You should do some wings to munch on while you go about your business.[p]The next think the missuz will be complaing about is how to get her back out of the cluster of cookers after you take the new picture with her in the middle of 'em!![p]Have a great weekend. Still have PBR available when you come out this way.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • KennyG
    Nature Boy,[p]The wife will be visiting her bro in Springfield next weekend. I can't make it this time as I've got too much going on. Still hope to hook up with you and Tim M. soon.[p]Hey, could I send the wife over to pick up the PBR and bring it back? hehehe[p]K~G

• Gfw
    one feral kat, the pepper is 'Olde Thompson Gourmet Pepper Supreme' - I think we found it at out local kitchen store.

• Bambi
    Bambi Posts: 38
    Gfw, Thanks for posting the enchilada pix. Great shot! In fact, thanks for nothing! I'm sitting here in my office, starving, haven't eaten all day--can't leave--and...along comes the most tantalizing photo of my favorite dish! I hat it when that happens!!!

• Gfw
    Bambi, thanks for the comments. I'm sitting at home - in the middle of a little (big) thunderstorm -- the ribs are about ready to come off the BGE and the Boston butt is about ready to go on. The enchiladas were really great - best reason to have extra pulled pork! Have a great weekend!