Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE accessories

Options
What are your must have accessories?

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    IMHO, a plate setter (or equivalent) is the first must have, it lets you cook indirect with adequate temp control using a calibrated dome thermo. Remove it and you are set to grill direct. If the equivalent to the setter was an adjustable rig, you can also grill raised direct. 
    The second most important accessory is a quality instant read thermo, like a Thermapen. 

After these must haves, everything else becomes a matter of taste.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

I agree with skiddy but you are much better off to invest in the adjustable rig combo with the woo ring. That will get you everything you need for any kind of cook.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Baysidebob
    Options
    Skip the platesetter.  Adjustable Rig combo with spider and stone.  Thermapen for sure.  Then a really good cooler for your beer.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Skip the platesetter.  Adjustable Rig combo with spider and stone.  Thermapen for sure.  Then a really good cooler for your beer.
    May I make a small correction here?  Two coolers are needed.  One is cold for your drinks, one stays warm & reserved for FTC your Egged treasures.
    Flint, Michigan