Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick Replacement Probes

Anyone have any luck getting replacement probes  for their 732?  I put my pork butts on tonight and my pit probe was reading LLL on the receiver.  Switched it with the probe from my second unit and all was well.  I'd like to replace that probe and maybe keep a spare meat and pit probe as I'm doing more and more cooks for friends events.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited October 2012
    Sorry, never mind.  I keep forgetting google is your friend.

Mike
    http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-6-Foot-Replacement-Probes-ET-732-Probes.htm

Omaha, NE
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    This one is even better as it will work in either application pit or food.

Mike

http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-6-Foot-Hybrid-Probe-ET-732-Hybrid-Probe.htm

Omaha, NE
  • GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Thanks for the link.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Don't get the 6 footers. They are too long to deal with.

Also, give maverick the opertunity to replace them for free. I've heard a few good stories about them doing that.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2012
    Don't get the 6 footers. They are too long to deal with. Also, give maverick the opertunity to replace them for free. I've heard a few good stories about them doing that.
    Good advice, a replacement is supposed to be on the way for mine. It will be a 6' so it will be coiled and tied. Has anyone tried to replace the probes with another manufacturer's probes? Assume they are thermistor and the jack looks standard, they should be compatible with others. Really to bad with the Maverick, the electronics seems to be very good, never heard of an issue, it is always the probes. Are you listening Thermoworks? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • I was disappointed in how quickly both my probes died.  It was about 5 uses, but exceeded the warranty period.  I purchased replacements and have used them once.  I only use them in long overnight cooks.  Does anyone have tips they could share on how to properly maintain them? 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I was disappointed in how quickly both my probes died.  It was about 5 uses, but exceeded the warranty period.  I purchased replacements and have used them once.  I only use them in long overnight cooks.  Does anyone have tips they could share on how to properly maintain them? 
    Same here, I lost my meat probe after about 5 uses too.  
    I do know I dipped mine in the dishwater (full submersion) and wiped it off immediately afterwards, but it didn't work after that; so its strictly a wipe from now on.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure