Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vote for Griffin please

Comments

• im making 2 spatch's and drinking 24 beers to make it all better...go tigers.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Since this thread is pretty much moot, and I'm gonna spam it with one more vid.  This is why I like PolyScience.   I think I'm going to get one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csqrLEkNGLU
    Do you have a price? Williams Sonoma sold this a couple of years ago for around $1000 and they now have it for $800. They also had "the smoking gun" and had videos making smoked ice cream and other cold foods not possible otherwise for everyday consumers. Now they show Michael Voltaggio smoking salt(NOT bath salts).
  • so bees was the mole...he is banned now i see...

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Since this thread is pretty much moot, and I'm gonna spam it with one more vid.  This is why I like PolyScience.   I think I'm going to get one of these.

Do you have a price? Williams Sonoma sold this a couple of years ago for around $1000 and they now have it for $800. They also had "the smoking gun" and had videos making smoked ice cream and other cold foods not possible otherwise for everyday consumers. Now they show Michael Voltaggio smoking salt(NOT bath salts).

Smoking (bath) salts - hahahaha.  It sure looked funny how he had to use a lighter to fire up the smoke every now and then.

I'll probably get a "used once" or new, no box unit for between $450 and 650.  They're $800 new.  I'll show it off once I get one.  Have a homemade unit, but I like the convenience of this one.  Plus less counter space.
    edited October 2012
    nola, Let me know if you find a gray-market one. SWMBO refuses to let me have an $800 toy that will spend the majority of its life in the dark(drawer). I could swing sub-$500

BTW, responding "But you spend 1/3 of your life in the dark(asleep) and I think you're priceless" didn't work. Fair warning.
  • nolaegghead
    @eggcilsior - sure will.  You can always tell her you can turn that old cistern in the back into a "make sexy time" hot tub :)

Gotta sell it!
    Jason we understand you  are out of the contest. But if I win the DO I will send it to you friend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nola, Let me know if you find a gray-market one. SWMBO refuses to let me have an $800 toy that will spend the majority of its life in the dark(drawer). I could swing sub-$500

BTW, responding "But you spend 1/3 of your life in the dark(asleep) and I think you're priceless" didn't work. Fair warning.
    get a sous vide supreme. that's what I have. $400 and is awesome
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey said: Jason we understand you  are out of the contest. But if I win the DO I will send it to you friend. I did some research and found that Mickey's nom de plume is Juanita.  That's why he can send you the DO.

Well played, sir (or ma'am).

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited October 2012

Village Idiot did I get it wrong. I thought one of the voters got the DO??????????????? :-S

Crap, I never cared if Jason won (no body likes him anyway). I just wanted to win the DO.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    You got it right, Mickey, the voters get to log into "Rafflecopter" whatever that is, and one of them wins the DO.
    edited October 2012

Ok, then Jason is alright and not everyone dislikes him. So you have to do something besides voteing to reg for the DO.

I hate contest rules.....

• nolaegghead
    Yeah, I didn't sign up.  The less databases I'm in the better.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

thanks nola, another toy for the wishlist.

why did I click on the video? lol

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Got my vote in. Looking like a landslide brewing.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• The DO is $125...go buy one.

• Also guys, it looks like the POLL is back up, dont forget to vote if you have not done so yet!

http://www.ladlestolinens.com/Giveaways.html

• Mickey

michigan_jason when VI said no one likes Jason anyway. I am sure he was talking about Griffin (Jason)  and not you. I see now where VI was drinking heavy and should have stated it better. When VI gets to drinking like that and calls me all the time talking bad about Griffin. He never remembers it in the daytime (just ask him).

• Jason,

Mickey is bi.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Its ok. Nobody likes me. I have to tie steaks to myself just to get my own dogs to play with me. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

Leave those steaks on, and stand a little closer to the fire... a little closer...

• Mickey
    VI has ask that this year at the Salado EggFest I put Griffffff, Cen-Tex, and Little Steven all down at the creek. Man, the guy just don't like anyone. He only agreed to allow Travis in the cooking area because Mrs.VI is adopting Travis and SHE SAID SO......

• Mickey is correct.  I am angry at them because they are the only three people on the forum who wouldn't sign my petition to ban Mickey from the Salado Eggfest.  It is a family event and nobody wants "his type" putting a cloud over the festivities.

His requirement that all the men wear women's clothing at the last Eggfest was only a start.  This year, he intends to expand that to require them to wear lipstick, masquera, and hose.

Enough is enough !  
    [-X

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• I knew he was talking about griff. Thanks though for clarifying just incase I was all sad and stuff.
    :))

• Mickey
    The differance between a kilt and a skirt is pumps...... VI showed up last year in pumps and the Salado PD made him change. Salado has standards.

• LMFAO! You guys are too much.

• Griffin
    Wait....I thought Mickey said we had the option to dress like a pirate if we didn't have a kilt. I'm so confused.

Rowlett, Texas

• Mickey

GriffinGriffinPosts: 2,181

Wait....I thought Mickey said we had the option to dress like a pirate if we didn't have a kilt. I'm so confused.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    So you do have a Sinfield pirate shirt. Travis is going to be so jealous.

• Griffin
    No, no Seinfeld shirt, I was gonna go shirtless under a black vest.

Rowlett, Texas