Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sockeye for lunch

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
image 400 direct skin side down.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    How were the shrooms?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Options
    First time. They were very good. EVOO, balsamic, worscheshire (?) red wine vinegar.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    What about that sockeye? Where did ya pick that up. Don't think they swim around near you do they?? Sockeye is the best salmon IMHO.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Love salmon.  Cooked a small, healthy salmon, grilled onion, home made potato salad diner tonight.

The obligatory booze/weaponry picture is meant for comic relief.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    What about that sockeye? Where did ya pick that up. Don't think they swim around near you do they?? Sockeye is the best salmon IMHO.

Not in the lakes of Central Texas. Lucky for me the store had wild caught @ $12.95. Well worth it as just a hair over a lb fed Linda and I. I like the sockeye better than any salmon I have tried.

• Mickey
    Options
    nolaegghead that salmon of yours turned out nice.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Thanks Mickey.  Just a simple IQF salmon with Raging River and Shakin' the Tree cooked to a Thermapen 130F, threw in some cedar half way through.

Cooked some spare ribs last night that were outta this world. 

edited October 2012
    Options
    nolaegghead I bought a bottle of Raging River and a bottle of salt less Raging River to make a less salty topping and like it. Also added some maple syrup and a little brown sugar to the top. Cooked direct. What is IQF?

• nolaegghead
    Options
    spare ribs

...little sear at the end....

The Vets are picking up tomorrow...Shockey Jersey's gotta go....

Options
    Keep jersey and mail ribs please.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Mickey said:
    nolaegghead I bought a bottle of Raging River and a bottle of salt less Raging River to make a less salty topping and like it. Also added some maple syrup and a little brown sugar to the top. Cooked direct. What is IQF?
    Individually Quick Frozen.  Flash frozen.  Tastes almost fresh.  Salt-less - interesting, didn't know they had that.  I wish all rubs were salt free so I could micromanage the salt...plus, salt is cheap :)
    Options
    nolaegghead send me your address and will be glad to mail you a pouch of the salt-less. No way I can use all of it and real happy with the mix. mickeyrawls at vvm.com

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Looks really good Mickey.  Nice job as always.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Options
    Thanks Mike. Very good eats.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Mickey said:
    nolaegghead send me your address and will be glad to mail you a pouch of the salt-less. No way I can use all of it and real happy with the mix. mickeyrawls at vvm.com
    Mickey, I'll take you up on that if you'll give me the chance to cook you some home grown grub if you ever make your way into New Orleans. :)
    Options
    nolaegghead I will take you up on that my next trip your way. But come to Spring Chickens and my little party called Salado EggFest (with kilts) next March.

• nolaegghead
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hell, San Antonio is practically a second home. Just a couple hours away. Lived there for 10 years as a young lad.   I'll plan on being there.  Utilikilts acceptable?
    Options
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Mickey
    Options
    Not even a couple of hours away from San Antonio. I will buy you a beer.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Sounds good.  I'm 25% Celtic (surname 100%) so I'll be there with bells on.