Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got Stoned Again!!

Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Know this is not BGE related, but these are like crack cocaine I have been told. Season just opened the 15th of Oct. Got 10 large weighing in at 2.7 lbs. On the way for some fine wine and dinner.. PS I could heat them on the BGE if I were not in such a hurry to eat them. Actually like them cold with warm butter, lemon juice.

Richard Melbooooring Fl.

Comments

• What about garlic, Richard?

Nice picture.  Thanks for posting.  I'm going out tomorrow on search for stone crabs.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Richard I wish my local lake had stone crabs... WOW....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Those look great.  What do you pay for them in FL?

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2012
    Knowing my wife, if I get some stone crab claws, she'll want to buy Antique English sterling silver claw pliers, once owned by Mary, Queen of Scots.

I will argue that the pliers in the garage tool kit work just as well, and I will be squashed.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• wow, those look REAAAALLLY good!!  Did you catch them yourself, or buy them? 

There is a "fancy" restaurant where I grew up called "Stone Crab Inn" - growing up, never really knew what a "stone crab" was - in fact, I always thought it meant that the place was made out of stone, and that it served seafood (ie, crab). 

Only recently did I realize that there was such a thing as a "stone crab" (somebody else on the forum posted about it).... as they say "ya learn something new every day!!" :-B
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337

richard that is the best photo i have ever seen you post!!! looks good enough to eat. i would have never took the time to take the photo!!

i hope you are well my friend

:)>-

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Richard Fl
    lakewade said:
    Those look great.  What do you pay for them in FL?

Last week, a high end gourmet  grocery store was $ 22 for the medium and $ 25 for the large.  these are large and I bought them at Port Canaveral for  $16.99/lb.  10 claws $ 48 bucks.
  • Richard Fl
    Mickey said:

Richard I wish my local lake had stone crabs... WOW....

Move to Fl,  we call the lake .  The gulf of Mexico!!
  • I like em hot with drawn butter and also cold with mustard or aioli sauce. Absolute luxury food! Top of the pyramid for Florida Seafood.
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Those of us in Dallas/Austin appreciate the greatness of Truluck's Steak and Stonecrab.  They bring in fresh claws daily while in season.  And the reference to crack cocaine is about right.  Expensive, but an absolute treat once in a while.
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.