Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Question

Bayarad
Bayarad Posts: 313
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cleaned out the LBGE this morning and noticed that a nasty stress fracture in the fire bowl has grown into about four stress fractures in different locations running in all different directions and suffice it to say this one will be ready for the scrap heap soon.  It was very unstable as I placed it back into the EGG.  The way the cracks have developed it will likely be in four or five pieces when it finally gives.  My question is will the mothership make me wait until it happens or can I take a few pictures and send in a claim for a replacement now!  Thanks any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Take some pictures and take it into your dealer they should get you another one. That's what they did for mine as well as my plate setter.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Why not do the pics now. It's not like they have never seen the problem. And it will last a lot longer than you think.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• double
    I did email pics to BGE and they sent me an email and said to show that to the dealer ...
    Lynnwood WA
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Thanks I was hoping that was the answer.  I will shoot some pictures this afternoon and go see the dealer.  I just didn't want to be sitting around waiting for it to arrive when it crumbles.  Appreciate the help!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    If you're going to the dealer take the bowl along....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    double said:
    Take some pictures and take it into your dealer they should get you another one. That's what they did for mine as well as my plate setter.
    The dealer is the first stop on the warranty train.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Can it be any dealer or only the one where you bought it from?
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Any dealer should be able to help you with it. I always try to use the dealer I do all my business with though. I figure they would be easier to deal with and maybe quicker if you already have a relationship with them. Maybe not. Just a thought.
  • My dealer is about an hour away while I have other dealers much closer. I called mine today and they are ordering me a new firebox and the drain for me. I did not even have to send a picture. Pretty good.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • double
    FWIW the old cracked now broken firebox still works fine! I kept it as a back up I did notice I had to adjust my temp control when I got the new one I think the broken firebox allowed more air in.
    Lynnwood WA