Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib-eye

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
As promised, here's my steak cook and thread contribution for the weekend. I've been eying the prime rib-eyes at Costco...so why not tonight right?

The meat!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Seasoned with S&P

It's searing time! :D

Searing complete and resting while I bring the egg temp down. Didn't feel like firing up the small.

Plated! Can't forget the family favorite...Mac & Cheese.

Temp came out perfect and it tasted amazing! Will buy prime again...but going with strips next time around.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks like a great meal Cazzy!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    What? No Cazzy marinade? I am disappointed. I guess man does not live by wings alone - looks good, man! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Steaks on the Egg are the best.  Looks good.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Who knew the Caz did beef?  We all thought he was on one trick wing pony :D

Looks great.  Not a Costco within 50 miles of me.
  • inkyon
    inkyon Posts: 88
    Options
    26.88! That's incredible price and it would be 35 for me here in Portland, Oregon.
  • cazzy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thanks guys!

See Skiddy...had to do some beef so members like Duganboy know that my grill has touched more than just legs and flappers. :P

@inkyon That's good to that Costco has our meat priced low in Texas.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks like a great meal! I love the picture with the fork (except it wouldn't come through the macbook retina display)   :) 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Nice job, Caz.  Love the tire tracks on the steaks too !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You nailed it.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    Options
    Solson005 said:
    Looks like a great meal! I love the picture with the fork (except it wouldn't come through the macbook retina display)   :) 
    Hmm, that's weird that it wouldn't show up. 

That is my favorite pic too.  I channeled my inner VI when I snapped it.  Not bad for my lil P&S. :)
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    @Cazzy I meant to eat haha actually through the screen.. I wanted that bite :D
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    cazzy said:
     I channeled my inner VI when I snapped it. 
    Yes.  I felt the Qi

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• cazzy
    Options
    Thanks VI and Mickey!  It was a fun little cook.

Steak houses will never be the same for me.  The $27 I spent for the meat would run me over $100 easily at a schmancy steak house.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Solson005 said:
    @Cazzy I meant to eat haha actually through the screen.. I wanted that bite :D
    Oh, hahaha...I get it now. SMH
  • Skiddymarker
    edited October 2012
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Thanks VI and Mickey!  It was a fun little cook.

Steak houses will never be the same for me.  The $27 I spent for the meat would run me over $100 easily at a schmancy steak house.
    Even after a pre-dinner drink, glass of wine and dessert, you saved at least $50! Heck, you can go get two more packages of prime rib eyes. 
    What a weekend, great steak cook, the Vikings win over the Cardinals, save some money - what more could a guy ask? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Nice. Love that last pic. I think we have that same blue plate.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• cazzy
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Thanks Griff!

My wife has Fiesta dinnerware in every color it seems.  I have more tea cups and gravy boats than I know what to do with.  I guess it's cool to have enough plate settings to feed a dinner party of 50, right? :P
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Griffin said:
    I believe it's called Fiesta dinnerware.  It is readily available at department stores, like Macy's.  It was actually first made during the depression and was dirt cheap.  If you could find one of those, it would be extremely valuable today. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Further to what VI said, not sure if this is the same stuff, we picked some up at Kohls - it is made in the USA, so us cross border shopping Canadians can bring it back duty free. Great dinnerware. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    They used to use uranium dioxide for the red glaze on Fiesta.  Lots of manufacturers did.  Then the government collected all the uranium for the Manhattan project and they started using depleted uranium dioxide. 
    The last pictures says it all.   =D>
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Dang Caz. You nailed it. 

Way to ruin it for us little people, Nola. 
    They used to use uranium dioxide for the red glaze on Fiesta.  Lots of manufacturers did.  Then the government collected all the uranium for the Manhattan project and they started using depleted uranium dioxide. 

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Explains why we don't need to light the candles to eat - the plates just kinda glow.......
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Now that is a steak. 

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• cazzy
    Options
    Thanks for comments guys!  As much as I enjoyed the rib-eye as it was my favorite cut of steak. I've decided I enjoy strips much better off the egg.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I have always loved T-bones.  The wife prefers rib eyes, but chooses strips most often for budget and fat content.  Unfortunately the stuff that makes it better makes it worse. 

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Didn't feel like firing up the small.?????

Dang Cazzy what's with that. Here ya go and tell me the small is a great addition to the egg family and then what do ya do. Don't fire it up. Ur playing with my mind. ;) LOL

In all  seriousness. nice cook!!

=D> =D>
    Large, small, and a mini
  • cazzy
    Options
    Didn't feel like firing up the small.?????

Dang Cazzy what's with that. Here ya go and tell me the small is a great addition to the egg family and then what do ya do. Don't fire it up. Ur playing with my mind. ;) LOL

In all  seriousness. nice cook!!

=D> =D>
    LMAO!  Yeah, I deserve that I guess.  It was just two steaks and I wasn't in a hurry, so lazy I was.  hah.

Thanks! 
    ;)