Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I am Bi-forum and proud.

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am Bi-forum and proud. Nice to see more and more going both ways on this and the old forum. Two forums= twice as good. Twice the info.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    member of both but i don't use the other i find it a bit clunky to use compared to here 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    edited October 2012
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2012
    I have reported you to the police.  You will be forced to put a sign in your yard on Halloween that says "Bi-Forum Offender, BGE Deviate, Children Not Allowed".

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Next thing you know he'll start demanding we alter basic social conventions like marriage or something.
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    im on the kiddie forum and the other one too
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i am trying to be but it is hard

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    My wife says she's bi - curious. She must like both forums.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    Remember.  No pics, didn't happen.   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• bigphil
    henapple said:
    what he said 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    bigphil said:
    henapple said:
    what he said 
    One could also say "don't talk about it, be about it". 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I only enjoy one forum. If she likes both I'm ok with it. Just want her to share the other forum....or at least give me updates.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited October 2012
    BENTE said:
    i am trying to be but it is hard
    Yo big guy!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    watched the split with great fondness, some excellent entertainment there.  Never understood the animosity had by many over it, it was what it was.  It is unfortunate though that so many have a this place or that place mentality, dividing the talent into two doesn't really seem to serve anyone's interests
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Little Steven
    Really wish you had stayed over there

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip said:
    watched the split with great fondness, some excellent entertainment there.  Never understood the animosity had by many over it, it was what it was.  It is unfortunate though that so many have a this place or that place mentality, dividing the talent into two doesn't really seem to serve anyone's interests
    Zippy,
    You will find that the two forums have very different personalities.  And, I don't think that is a bad thing.

As they say in Louisiana, "vive la différence".

As for Little Steven, he has acknowledged he is "bi".

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Zippylip
    I came here to get away from you, had I known you were already here stink'n up the joint I would've hung my shingle at the brethren
    happy in the hut
  • Little Steven
    Yeah they loved you over there dint they? If stike were here he would agree with me and the cuban too

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip said:
    I came here to get away from you, had I known you were already here stink'n up the joint I would've hung my shingle at the brethren
    me too brother, I'm not sure the ceramic world has known a more repugnant personality than the canadiagnome
  • Village Idiot
    edited October 2012
    McNuttly said:
    me too brother, I'm not sure the ceramic world has known a more repugnant personality than the canadiagnome
    Whoa !  Smile when you say that, my friend !  You don't have such a pristine reputation here yourself, sir, and I think you're talking about an outstanding person (unless you mean Tweeve)..

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Zippylip
    Zippylip said:
    Zippy,
    You will find that the two forums have very different personalities.  And, I don't think that is a bad thing.

As they say in Louisiana, "vive la différence".

As for Little Steven, he has acknowledged he is "bi".
    I'm sure you're right regarding individuals, but in the end all forums share personality types.  There are those here seeking knowledge, others looking at pictures, others socializing, others posting methods & pictures & others just entertaining themselves - in very short order I've seen the very same style disputes that plagued the old forum as far back as I remember so in that sense there isn't much of a difference.  By the way I don't think any of that's bad either, I never saw a problem with the old forum.  Of course BGE saw it differently & it's their gig so here we are.  This one, that one, I couldn't care less though I would like to see a consolidation for nothing more than convenience purposes, the old forum has a very deep well of serious talent that could add to the well here.  It seems apparent that this forum will be the last one standing in the end given all the circumstances, or at least I think it will be
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    Yeah they loved you over there dint they? If stike were here he would agree with me and the cuban too
    if stike were here I'd sell my eggs & buy a Prius
    happy in the hut
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    The formatting of the other board is painful - and that's being generous.  This one isn't cutting edge, but it's far better than that one.  Absolutely nothing against any BGE forum as I don't know any of the politics or personalities.  All I know is that I like to have an easily accessible format, and this one covers it.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • Zippylip
    cssmd27 said:
    The formatting of the other board is painful - and that's being generous.  This one isn't cutting edge, but it's far better than that one.  Absolutely nothing against any BGE forum as I don't know any of the politics or personalities.  All I know is that I like to have an easily accessible format, and this one covers it.
    cssmd27, it isn't my intention to re-ignite the 'which forum is better' argument, I think that probably had its time last year.  Suffice it to say both forums offer some good features and some bad.  Everyone probably wants the same thing in the end, to get what they're looking for when they come here.  I'm just thinking a lot of it is divided up between two venues & it would be nice if somehow it were all consolidated, that would really amp up the convenience for all concerned
    happy in the hut
  • Little Steven
    I saw what you did there. God I hate you

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip said:
    the old forum has a very deep well of serious talent that could add to the well here.  It seems apparent that this forum will be the last one standing in the end given all the circumstances, or at least I think it will be
    I think that is a major misunderstanding.  There are veterans here just as there are on the other forum.  And, in my experience, people on this forum are more innovative and willing to experiment than the other forum.  Yes, I can name a couple of people on the other forum that push the envelope, but not as much as they do here.

Yes, many of the people on this forum are not as new to the BGE as those on the other forum.  But, most of them have been gassers, or offset smokers for many years.  After one week to learn the temperature control, they are up to speed with the 10 year "veterans".

As for me, I welcome anybody who wants to participate here, but I do resent people coming over here, touting their "old guard" experiences and linking back to what they consider the better forum.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Zippylip
    As for me, I welcome anybody who wants to participate here, but I do resent people coming over here, touting their "old guard" experiences and linking back to what they consider the better forum.
    well, I can agree with welcoming anyone to participate here as I would welcome anyone to participate there.  I end my agreement there as I don't resent anyone for linking to anything because of what the 'consider' to be a better forum; personally I could'nt care less what anyone's personal beliefs are regarding a given forum.  If Village Idiot posts a cook that I like, I don't resent it or you because you consider this to be a better forum, I just like your cook - your forum preferences are irrelevant to me
    happy in the hut
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I'm tri-curious, but now I only put meat on this grill!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Village Idiot
    edited October 2012
    Zippylip said:
    If Village Idiot posts a cook that I like, I don't resent it or you because you consider this to be a better forum, I just like your cook - your forum preferences are irrelevant to me
    But, you would never link it back on the other forum.  That has never been done., but the opposite is done daily.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• bigphil
    edited October 2012
    in the end isn't it all about egging and sharing cooks regardless of which forum ? its kinda disheartening that posts that have nothing to do with a cook or technique gets more views and comments then some one asking a question at times . or rather lately most of the time 
  • I visit and post occasionally on both forums (like both for different reasons), but VI is correct. You would never, never see a link at the other site linking this place, but you see that place linked here almost daily without anyone complaining most of the time.