Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza pizza

Options
bfwilson
bfwilson Posts: 12
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooked a couple last night. And the new gasket didn't fall apart. Bge standard gaskets are crap, why don't they upgrade?????

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Call and get a new one..just did Friday.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jfarley
    jfarley Posts: 145
    Options
    I agree they should come new with a hi-temp gasket. Mine burned through on my first pizza cook. At least BGE is good about quickly replacing when this happens. I'm sure if the cost of replacing starts to exceed the cost of upgrading on all Eggs the Hi-temp gasket will be standard.
    LBGE - July 2012
    Valencia, CA
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Yeah, I finally torched my wife's Egg's gasket this week cooking 5 pizzas.  Oh well it lasted two years and I haven't had one on my egg in 4 years. 

Pizzas look great.  Makes me want more pizza.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • bfwilson
    Options
    They were not good about replacing mine. I got an email lecture back about hi temp cooks, etc. but they would not offer to replace my gasket . I love the bge, but that customer service makes me look into the kamodo joe for the next one . My experience only.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    bfwilson said:
    They were not good about replacing mine. I got an email lecture back about hi temp cooks, etc. but they would not offer to replace my gasket . I love the bge, but that customer service makes me look into the kamodo joe for the next one . My experience only. 
    Had just the opposite experience with their customer service.  They replaced a 10 year old fire box that had broken, even though I had no idea if I had registered the warranty when I bought the BGE and the dealer had gone out of business.  Sent them a picture and they sent me a new firebox.