Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE customer service

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ordered my replacement gasket today. The guy at BGE was great. We talked for 15 minutes about methods and recipes . The website says to contact your dealer for a replacement but they told me to call BGE. The BGE guy told me to register on line even though my dealer was supposed to l east he told me they did. I'm getting the nomex with self adhesive. Can I use a glue with that or just use it and glue the next one?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    they sent me that one as well.  i havent installed it yet but plan on doing it and using the super77 spray adhesive with it as well.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    You definitely want to use the super77 with the nomex even though it has the adhesive. I found a paint stripper works great for getting the old glue off as someone here recommended. Then I wiped it down lightly with mineral spirits to clean the residue. 
    Dunedin, FL
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Do a search on gasket replacement, you will see that there is a need to toss it in the dryer to let it shrink before you install. 

I agree that the customer service is top notch. Fried my gasket, my fault, shortly after getting my egg and they sent me a replacement without any issues. 
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Couldn't hurt.  I just put mine on with the self-adhesive and without pre-shrinking it and it's perfectly attached, still, after about 4-5 months and I do pizzas frequently. I think part of the problem is people stretch the gasket around the outside of the curve rather than bunch it.