Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vote for Griffin please

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    bigphil said:

This is sad. Griff only has 102 votes. If I cursed on this thing, there would be more people than that chastising me within ten minutes. 

he has my vote and i think travis should test that theory  
    :))
    Oh no you don't. No way, I'm the good one.      O:-)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • The time is ripe now to reiterate what I said before this all started.

This was NOT a contest for who had the best cook.  It was a popularity contest.  Nay, it wasn't even that.  It was a test to see whose forum could muster up the most votes.  Did anyone else taste the other entries, or even look at them?  Probably not.  You just voted for Grif, just like the others voted for Juanita.

I think Juanita submitted a hamburger.  Wheee !  Is that better than Grif's imaginative shrimp cook ?  You know the answer to that.

These online contests are asinine.  Grif.  You're still the best, my friend !!!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    bigphil said:

This is sad. Griff only has 102 votes. If I cursed on this thing, there would be more people than that chastising me within ten minutes. 

Oh no you don't. No way, I'm the good one.      O:-)

~:> ~:> =)) =))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    VI said Did anyone else taste the other entries, or even look at them? 

matter of fact yes and i liked his cook the best well not tasted 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    #110&#111 reporting, mission accomplished......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited October 2012

Thanks everybody who took the time to take a look and cast a vote. I'm really flattered and overwhelmed about the support from the Egghead forum. Flabbergasted.

@Village_Idiot - I totally understand your view point and agree with you. Since nobody gets to taste it, and most people's followers are just gonna vote for them, it totally comes down to a popularity contest (minus the few people who stumble upon it.) Of course, the four of us do have a lot of followers that follow 2 or more of us, cross traffic.

All that being said, I wasn't expecting the results to be what they are so far. Thought Adam would be up higher,wasn't sure about Christina, but totally expected Jen (Juanita's Cocina) to end up taking it all. I just wanted to make a good showing. So...thanks for all the support so far.

And I got plenty of pics from this weekend, just need to get them uploaded and ready tomorrow. So back to talking about what we love...The Egg!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Hey Trevor! How are things?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    Voted for you Grif!! Good luck.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Voted for Griffin.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Can we vote multiple times like they do in Chicago?
    Flint, Michigan
  • All is lost.  There is nothing left.

However, we must rise from the ashes like the phoenix.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the Big Green Egg forum lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Griffin got my vote and I plan on making his recipe soon. Chili mix on shrimp sounds great even if it is 7 in the morning. The burgers do sound good, but I can't pass voting for a fellow egghead to vote for a burger cooked on a skillet, indoors..
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Here's some smack talk from one of the competitors: "Griffin’s Grub—Jason Griffin is a grill master….I am jealous of his Big Green Egg, but it will not impact the end result of this Throwdown. He’s going down like a lead balloon." Wrong about the BGE. I voted for Griffin but he's still in second & needs more votes.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Got my vote Griff!   I know we are just going by looks, but that recipe looks fantastic.  I have it bookmarked and will make it for my wife.  If I can only manage not to overcook the shrimp as I have every other time.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    bigphil said:

+1

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:

bigphil said:

+1

The good news is, you don't even have to curse to get people fired up anymore! @littlesteven has been assailing my character and demanding me to be banned for my superior taste in mullets.

I voted for Grif too. Cuz Don Toyota said so (and Grif is by all account a good dude)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195

I had my mind mad up until VI posted that pic of Juanita, it really makes it touhg on a guy.

go Griff go

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited October 2012
    It's tied !  They need to have 3 debates, and their sous chefs, 1 debate.

Take THAT, Juanita !!!  You may be drop dead gorgeous, a suma cum laude graduate of The Cordon Bleu Academy in Paris, and a member of Mensa, but our very own Griffin, uh,  well, he's got a mini from Hunt, Texas !!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    my vote just temporarily gave you the lead.  169-168.

Good luck :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    i was able to vote yesterday on firefox, and today using aol
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Statistics are interesting things - one of the easiest ways to influence responses is to put the answers you want at the first position..

...not that I'm implying any shenanigans...

Cast my second vote today for the Griff...  :)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• travisstrick
    Tweev, I'd be more impressed if you made the guy with only 10 votes win.
  • travisstrick

If it wasn't for me, Juanita would only have 10 votes.  This is actually a fair bit more work than I had anticipated when I took this project on.  Urg.

Good use of your time.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    edited October 2012
    Just voted but shows Grif down by 33 after my vote. *edit just added two more votes using my iPhone and my work pc. Anyone on here who has a smartphone you can cast an additional vote using phones browser.
    Boom
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Still harbouring some ill feelings Trev?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    I voted for griff
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Just voted but shows Grif down by 33 after my vote. *edit just added two more votes using my iPhone and my work pc. Anyone on here who has a smartphone you can cast an additional vote using phones browser.
    That's cheating.

Show me the rules where it says it is cheating? And what governing body will enforce discipline for the infraction?
    Boom
  • I'm reporting this cheating to the Mods!
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Don't let Juanita win...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    Don't let Juanita win...

I prefer the pic that VI posted.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC