Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

digiQ fan adaptor issues....

Options
mgw619
mgw619 Posts: 10
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I got my dx2 a week or two ago and planning to cook a butt all day while I'm at work. I was working to get it set up and went to install the adaptor in the ss draft doo and I'm not getting a good fit at all. It's flat and the draft door is curved... What kind of tricks has anyone come up with.... Also... From what I'm reading I need to leave the adaptor damper open about 1/3, and barly crack the adjustable top open... Advice anyone?... Much appreciated.!
Evans, GA - 250 Reverse Flow (trailer), Large BGE, custom built cedar table (by me). When in doubt, smoke it.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have the DX2 and it is a tight fit.  Bend it a little bit so it fits.  You can lubricate the channel with a little mineral oil to help it slide.  Be careful not to cut yourself - that whole assembly of screen, adapter and damper is a finger-slicer.
    You can get it in there, don't worry.  Use the sliding SS piece to keep it in place in the groove.  I leave the damper open about that much and the daisy wheel open a little more than a crack.  You do that and let the DigiQ handle the rest and you'll have great results!
    Flint, Michigan
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options

Mine is a tight fit too. I always put the fan into the adapter before attaching the adapter to the door.  I keep a screw driver in my table drawer to push the little slide up into the top track.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI