Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thoughts on this deal lbge & table

SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/for/3331961450.html

Don't need to spend it right now but wife is pushing me to look into it.thinking I could cut a hole for the mini above the compartment and still use it for smaller tools.
Seattle, WA

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    You could just set the mini on top of it, or on a table next to it.  Sounds like a good deal, especially if he budges a bit on the price.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• AUWAG
    AUWAG Posts: 73
    That's a pretty good deal. Also consider you're saving yourself sales tax from a store. Id offer $1000 cash
  • probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    I agree, it is a pretty good deal.  Nice looking table too.  If you like it and have the money, I would go for it.  It would be nice to talk him down $100.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Seems like a good deal.  Why cut a hole for the mini?  I would just set it on top in it's stand.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks nice.  I'd rather have the real estate (work surface) than the mini on it.  Put the mini on the side, maybe elevate it with something.
    I have looked into it, He will take $1k I dont have a truck and he is 25 mins away. I would need a UHAUL truck rental for 30 miles or so. Sounds like he is discounting about $300 - $400  or so in what his total cost was so not sure its the deal of the century. Still thinking about it, can always wait get a demo @ eggfest and have a table built to my liking.

Seattle, WA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    If it were in Canada it would be the deal of the century, specially with CDN dollar at $1.02 US

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    It doesn't seem like that great a deal to me...depending on what you value that table at.  Keep in mind, 2nd hand means no warranty coverage from BGE.  Seems like for not that much more, you could get it from a dealer.  I fit a LBGE and table of similar (maybe a little smaller) size in the back of a RAV4 with the back seats folded flat.  Do you really have to rent a truck?
  • Too pricey.  For that kind of money, you're better off getting a new one with a warranty albeit with less accessories.  Sweet looking table, though.
    Flint, Michigan
  • I bought a Large with , platesetter, rib rack ,table and cover a couple of months ago and it cost me a little over $1600. And the table is not nearly that nice, it was bought from a dealer so I do have warranty. Just in case you need a price perspective !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Hashmaker
    Hashmaker Posts: 149
    I bought a new large from the store in Atlanta and built my own table with cypress from a small lumberyard near me. I got a great deal on the wood and have about $1100 in everything.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Tax and all, plus starter kit for my large....$880...spent $500 on my table. Ipe wood, slate/epoxy grout.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Guy in Sumter, SC selling a large for $675 plus few accessories.
    Boom