Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

? Pizzas on Mini

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
A friend of mine who won't get on forums wanted to know how long you need to pre-heat the pizza stones on a mini before cooking pizza. He'll be using the Mini Woo and 2 pizza stones. What temp would you do them at? My thought was 450, but have no experience with a mini. Could you do 4 at that temp with out reloading the lump?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Jason I do mine at 15 mins to pre-heat the stone. 450/500 is just fine. I do only use one pizza stone both with the Mini or Large. As to the number I have never done but see no reason why you could not do 25 pizzas w/o reloading. I do use a Mini Woo. I have found now 100% using tortillas, have used reg crust but found I like the very thin and crisp I get from tortillas.imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I knew I would get an answer from you Mickey and I knew it would include those two pics and tortilla pizzas. So 15 mintues to preheat, one stone on top of mini woo? Thanks for the tip.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    I need to get some new pics with the tortillas (better pics).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.