Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2005

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I believe I read here that Eggtoberfest 2005 was going to be held on the 15th of October. Has a new venue been selected or will we be at the airport again this year? What motel parking lot will host the after party this year? Let me be the first to sign up! I need to make reservations!

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    EGGtoberfest will be held at the new BGE warehouse from what I understand. It's on Lawrenceville Highway, just off I-285 and very easy to find.[p]Jim
  • Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    JSlot, Hey!!!!!!! I want to be the second if I can't be #1. Any idea which hotel everyone will be staying at?

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Hey Sue,
    It was great to meet you in Cincinnati. Thanks for coming by the Kroger thing.
    See you at Eggtoberfest!

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Smokey J
    Smokey J Posts: 8
    Options
    Saucy Sue,[p]I am making my flight arrangements for Eggtoberfest right now!!! (hope date doesn't change but I got a great deal on flights) I am dragging some friends from Alabama with me.[p]Looking forward to seeing you there!
    Julia "Smokey J"

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Saucy Sue,[p]There's a bunch of hotels near the Northlake Shopping Mall. 3 Marriott properties too. I'll be staying at Townplace Suites. They have a AAA rate that weekend for $62 for a studio room with a kitchen (which comes in very handy for prepping for Saturday).[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Where do you buy your meat?

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I'll probably get it at Costco in Alpharetta where I'll be workin that week, but there is a Sam's Club in Tucker.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Gotta love it Ed how you just so happen to be working in Atlanta every year during Eggtoberfest. Nice...

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    drbbq, Hope your day at the Krogers in Cincinnati was a sucess. It was so nice to meet you too, only wish we had some time to chew the fat!! I have to laugh, I didn't try your ribs because of my diet, but we went to a friend home that night, and guess what they served for dinner!!?? All the things I should not be eating. Next time I see you I hope you are fixing those great looking ribs again, and maybe I can make up for what I didn't eat on Sat!! LOL. sue

• Unknown
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]Can somebody please tell me how to register for EGGtoberfest this year? Sounds like some of you have... how did you do it? Is there a registration website or 800 number or something? I haven't seen anything on the forum (other than some speculation and rumor), received no email, or gotten anything in the mail. Rumor has it set for October 15th... is this date solid (especially for those having to make flight arrangements)?[p]NewEggDude
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]It's a wonderful coincidence. Imagine that. Mrs. GrillMeister & the kids fly in on Friday and out on Sunday. Flights are booked and ticketed.[p]Be sure to have the PBRs on ice. I'll bring the Koozies.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    NewEggDude,[p]They haven't put out the announcement yet. There will be a link to the registration page here on the forum. Traditionally Eggtoberfest is the 3rd weekend in October. I SURE hope that doesn't change, since we (and I'm sure many others) have already got travel plans made around that weekend based on the "normal" dates.[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Buzzy
    Buzzy Posts: 29
    Options
    QBabe,
    I was in the Egg store here in Atlanta and BA told me that the Eggtoberfest is "always the third weekend in October".[p]He also said that it would be at the new warehouse![p]Kent