Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza on the mini

Options
jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
My husband has strongly resisted doing pizza on our Eggs, mainly because we get such good results with pizza stones in the oven. Well, he left town this morning for a week. I like small pizzas to play with the toppings, so I want to check out the mini and pizza. Trouble is, I have just one pizza stone that I use as a reflector for indirect on a woo. Can I use several layers of thick foil as a reflector? I plan to use fire bricks to raise the stone a bit. 

Any temperature tips with the mini? I have a High-Que arriving tomorrow, and I'm putting this cook off until I get it. 
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited October 2012
    Options

I have went to 100% tortillas for Linda and I as well as the biggest users my two granddaughters. As you see below the first pic is tortilla and the second is reg crust on the Mini. The third pic is the set-up I use with the  Mini Woo and only one stone. Temp is 500. Note I only use the one stone (same on the Large).

imageimageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Flour tortillas. Great idea. I'll definitely try that when my husband gets home. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Mickey
    edited October 2012
    Options

jlsm just one more thing to play around with - it is wonderful and can be done just after the pizza with same setup and flour tortillas.

imageimageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    jlsm said:
    Flour tortillas. Great idea. I'll definitely try that when my husband gets home. 
    Very good if you are like us and like thin crust.