Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Game Day Menu - Hanging Wings and Legs

Options
ravens
ravens Posts: 2
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hey fellow eggheads,

A few weeks ago, I shared my Sunday Night Football brisket here http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1143947/sunday-night-football-brisket

Even though today’s Ravens game against the Chiefs was ugly, here are the beautiful results I got with my two new chicken wings and legs racks for today’s gametime menu.

Here are the two Master Forge Stainless Steel Leg And Wing BBQ Racks I got off ebay last week for $20 shipped.

First, I soaked some Cowboy brand hickory wood chips about an hour before the cook.

At about 11:30 AM I fired up the grill. I use Cowboy brand natural hardwood lump coal for my cooks. I buy 20 lbs bags, and have filled about 5 lbs worth of coal for this cook.

Next step is to season the legs and wings and hang them on the rack. I rubbed half with McCormick’s Montreal Chicken Seasoning and half with Old Bay.

Now it’s time to throw the racks on the egg.

I grilled for approximately 40 minutes @ 375 (°F).

Finally it’s time to serve and enjoy! 

This BBQ definitely helped sweeten this ugly game. But we’ll take the “W”.

Comments