Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2012

vettman
vettman Posts: 26
edited October 2012 in EGGtoberfest
This is our first visit to the Eggtoberfest and looking forward to a good time.  We won't be cooking just coming to learn and enjoy sharing meeting others in the fraternity.  Can anyone give advise or helpful hints about event.  Like how does the food tasting work, are there any specials at the store during event, should we bring anything into event to help us out while there??  Thanks for responses.

Doug

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The store gives you like 10% off accessories. You can bring in your own drinks that's good but you get several free beers anyway with your ticket. Go to the Friday night meet and greet its worth it.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Sun screen and lawn chairs.  The wife and I went down last year and had a great time.  We were a little disappointed that they didn't allow vendors such as CGS, Dizzy Pig, etc. to display at the event.  There were way more tasters than cooks last year and at times it was hard to get a sample of anything.  We met some great people and came home with some great ideas and recipes.

Mike 

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    My understanding is there will be vendors this year...at least that is what I heard...My advice is not to eat before you get to the fest...there is always lots of food...dress for the weather...bring chairs if you want but there are usually places to sit & eat. Talk to the cooks and ask questions. Take recipe cards if there are any at the serving tables...have fun...
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    BTW...Friday night meet n greet tickets are sold out...as a matter of fact all tickets are sold out...no ticket sales at the door...