Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egg toy

Options
Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Got a mini carten this weekend for my birthday and have to say this thing is really cool. no more worrying about my mini carrier breaking anymoreimage.image.image

Comments

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    I think it's a cute concept. Can you turn it over and use it as a stand for your mini when cooking, do you cook in it, as-is, or do you take the Egg out of it, before use?

Side note/question: Is the word "carton" misspelled on purpose?
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Somehow I can see one of these for an XL with about 8 handles, maybe call the egg Cleopatra...
    Really neat, never heard of or seen before - thanks for sharing.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

I'm sure you could turn it over and cook on it. I plan on just cooking in it. I have the feet inside and it sits on a paver so it should be fine when in my table. I may need to buy a paver or 2 to put it on so I don't burn whatever I am cooking on. I meant to post this pic of it in my table. If anyone is interested he makes them for the small and mini I will probably be getting one for my small soon.image

• slewis
    slewis Posts: 7
    Options
    Lit,
    I am glad you like the Carten. It looks good mounted in your table! Looks like you have the right tool for any cooking job you may have! Have fun at the Egg Fest. They sure make you feel like getting home and try some new recipes and newly learned trick. I've sold a couple of the Cartens to customers in the Carolinas but I'm betting you'll be the only one there transporting with a Carten. 

Scott
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I must have a filthy mind, because I read all the sexual innuendo into these thread titles.  This time it was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_egg 

:))