Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ideas for venison cube steak.

miscjames
miscjames Posts: 78
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for ideas for venison cube steak.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Use a heavy marinade and sear to med rare.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    I've had the best luck with a four hour buttermilk marinade cook hot and very fast.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • A friend of mine is a huge deer hunter. He always makes his like a beef stew with potatoes carrots onions in a crock pot
  • The orignial freerange - organic.

Best thing is milk/flour double dredged and fried (salt and pepper in flour).  With mashpotatoes and gravy.  Also save left overs for warmed steak bisquit in the AM.  Great warmed with jelly on top for breakfast.

Away from fried, we started browing it in the skillet with yellow and red bell peppers and putting in a flour wrap with brown rice. 

• Travis when you say heavy marinade. What do you mean exactly....
  • RandallB said:

The orignial freerange - organic.

Best thing is milk/flour double dredged and fried (salt and pepper in flour).  With mashpotatoes and gravy.  Also save left overs for warmed steak bisquit in the AM.  Great warmed with jelly on top for breakfast.

Away from fried, we started browing it in the skillet with yellow and red bell peppers and putting in a flour wrap with brown rice. 

+1. Chicken fried for me
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • thanks for all the input.

It appears whoever sliced these they did them way to thin. So i marinated them in Italian dressing and they just came apart. So i pulled them all apart and cooked like meatloaf on the egg. Once it hit 160. Then I pulled it out of the pan and cooked it till 170. It was very tasty and tender but a little on the dry side. ... ooo well trial and error
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    miscjames said:
    Travis when you say heavy marinade. What do you mean exactly....
    LIke Dales or something strong with a heavy flavor. Soak it for an hour or two. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • My Bro In Law marinates in Dale's, then wraps in bacon.  Very tasty.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Try to get some ground meat too. My venison ground meat meat loafs in the egg are awesome these days. Possibly the juiciest thing ever with venison. Make your favorite meat loaf recipe and platesetter bake at 350 for an hour.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As Ted Nugent would say....THE perfect freerange, organic, red meat protein.