Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf with a smoke ring? Aaaawww yeeeeaah!!

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Greetings friends!

Brought home two chains from tenderloins trimmed at work and decided to grind 'em up and give my best shot at smoking them. Added in some stuff and rubbed the outside with brisket rub and then Stubbs BBQ sauce. One smaller than the other - my dinner companion goes more well done than me.

Grinding up!!

V-rack over a seasoned water bath indirect PS around 300*+ grate.

New rain hat! A running joke here is it ALWAYS RAINS when I do the Egg. That's a 7" chimney topper.

All done at 165* in the big boy. off and a ten minute rest.

My friend says this pic looked better:

And the final presentation.

Quick seared asparagus. Mashed chipotle roared garlic red potatoes. Roasted garlic buttered bread. And caramelized apple ginger rice pudding (off camera).

They were both well done. Which isn't a big deal. Only - oddly, the big loaf was crumbly while the little one was sliced perfectly. Weird. Neither were close to dry. Should make great sandwiches. Check out that smoke ring!!

Ok catch you later. Thanks for looking!
8-Damien
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments