Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spin's Pizza

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I posted the yesterday, but now it's gone. Hmmm.[p]Anyway, I'm wondering how far in advance the dough and sauce can be made. I'm having a party this weekend and would like to serve up to EGG pizza, but I'll be out all day -- no time for prep work. Any suggestions? [p]Thanks.[p]B~F

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Bama Fire, as for Spin's sauce I do that in batches and freeze them in bags. In fact that is tonight's menu at the kat house...da, that didn't sound just right, did it?
    Seriously, you won't know the difference from fresh to frozen and boy is it gooooood! ^oo^~

• Bama Fire
    Options
    one feral kat,
    Great! How 'bout the dough? Is there any way to make that way ahead? [p]Thanks![p]B~F[p]PS -- Be careful at the kat house -- don'd step any any kat's tail. they don't like that too much. :-)

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    Make the sauce now and keep it in the frig. I think it's better after a few days anyhow. Not sure about the dough. I've still got some Spin dough in the freezer from my last pizza meal, but I haven't tried it. I think it should be fine to make the dough ahead of time and freeze it.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    bdavidson, you can make the dough several days ahead of time and use the slow rise techniques for refrigerated risings. Makes even better pizza dough. Just prep as usual and stick covered in the fridge. You can pound it down. and let it rise again.
    Cheers..C~W[p]

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Thanks. I'll give it a try!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    one feral kat, good luck on tonights pizza. I'm doing sausage and pepperoni - should be on the BGE about 6pm.
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Bama Fire,[p]The sauce will keep at least a week in the fridge (airtight container). Freezing works well also, though I don't know how long it should keep. I can the sauce in pint jars and they keep well at least two years if stored in a cool place.[p]The dough can be mixed the day before and immediately moved to the fridge in a ziplock bag. Remove the next morning to a cool place where the sun don't shine and allow to slowly rise as it warms up. Prepare as usual.[p]Spin

• Bama Fire
    Options
    Spin,
    Thanks!![p]I was starting to wonder where you were![p]B~F