Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Barbeque Gods are smiling...

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
...and I'm smiling ear to ear right back at 'em.  :D

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Congratulations.  You will love it.  I have been egging for over 15 years and still go at 4-5 night per week, year round.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    The obsession begins...
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • 2 weeks ahead of u 
  • Not an obsession. It is a cult.
    LBGE
  • I've discovered this.. LOL. I already have ONE fairly expensive obsession that I call the SIGness (Sig Sauer firearms) Now I've managed to come down with an egg based sickness that looks as though it could kill my pocket book... LOL.

• Parallel said:
    I've discovered this.. LOL. I already have ONE fairly expensive obsession that I call the SIGness (Sig Sauer firearms) Now I've managed to come down with an egg based sickness that looks as though it could kill my pocket book... LOL.
    On the cost side it's way more reasonable with way more hours of use per week than a bass boat, sail boat, or ski boat.  And a bag of lump lasts for tens of hours at way less than a few hundred rounds for the Sig.  It's fall and I have motorcycles sitting on battery tenders but the BGE will be operating year-round.  All things considered in the realm of toys the BGE is cost effective for the number of people you can please.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • That particular pair of diseases are apparently a relatively common malady LOL.  Glad to see you found this, welcome aboard.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Yea, it will kill you're pocketbook ( buying eggtoys etc. ) in one sense, but you will really save $$$ because you won't be going out for dinner to those fancy resturants as often.  at least with me and wife, thats the way it is now.  What you buy for you're egg will be with you alot longer than the good steak, seafood or whatever you went out for.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited September 2012
    Good points... however, just like I enjoy sharing the joy of shooting (safely and well) I just know that I'll end up feeding everyone I know to show them just how the BGE can make even myself such a great cook (I hope) :))

I'm not REALLY complaining... but hey... I'm a former sailor so...

• Welcome to the zoo, all of the animals here need cages to protect them from themselves and the obsession that goes with BGE ownership....
    Looks like you are still missing a bunch of boxes, CI grid, Thermapen, Maverick, AR, Wok it never ends,,,
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Ahhh the memories...your photo takes me back 10 months... 

I remember the first night with my Egg.  Pristine white ceramic (just like the ones in the BGE Cookbook LOL), that new Egg smell.  Tenderly loading lump for the first time.  My first raging lump inferno with temp gauge pegged and the smell of burning/dripping gasket.  Hundreds of great meals.  Good times!!

This has become a very fun hobby that my wife insists is saving us money since we rarely go out to eat anymore ( I think she says this to keep me cooking).

Welcome to the cult  club!

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • Just don't shoot at the egg!  :))

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• sorry............ it kept saying that it failed to post, but appearantly in fact did!

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Welcome to the cult, there's no turning back now, resistance is futile. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Welcome! its a fun thing to be obsessed about. Your neighbors get jealous (unless you invite them over) and all your friends and family will be amazed at all the great food! This is the best place to learn how to do everything on the egg and just seeing other eggheads pictures will make you want to try that recipe as soon as you can! Post pictures and ask questions when you have them. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Unfortunately your drinking habit will increase as well which will cost you :)
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Parallel said:
    I've discovered this.. LOL. I already have ONE fairly expensive obsession that I call the SIGness (Sig Sauer firearms) Now I've managed to come down with an egg based sickness that looks as though it could kill my pocket book... LOL.
    On the cost side it's way more reasonable with way more hours of use per week than a bass boat, sail boat, or ski boat.  And a bag of lump lasts for tens of hours at way less than a few hundred rounds for the Sig.  It's fall and I have motorcycles sitting on battery tenders but the BGE will be operating year-round.  All things considered in the realm of toys the BGE is cost effective for the number of people you can please.
    Well said Bob, but I like my bass boat and my bigger boat a lot. I am out on lake st clair 3 times a week at least between fishing or having people out on the other boat and taking it out.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• There's something I just can't bring myself to buy. I guess I'm still spoiled from all of those years sailing Uncle Sam's boats... LOL

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Just had a bunch of guys around from the range... To eat from the Egg ... Goes hand in hand
    Lynnwood WA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Christmas time!  hey, I have that same Milwaukee miter saw on that same Ridged stand...

I agree with r270ba, when you egg not only will you drink more but the quality of drink will increase.  My knowledge of egging and craft beer is directly correlated.

Congrats!  Now the fun begins.

When in doubt add more pepper.
  • My Sig Sauer P238 (.380).  My everyday traveling companion. Easily fits in the front pocket with a cloth holster.

Welcome !  You'll love your egg.

Sig.jpg 55.6K

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Nice... I'm going to like it here. Lots of like minded folks.

• +1 on not going out as much. And the pulled pork made a huge hit at the block party with the new neighbors. 
    LBGE