Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What IS that pizza peel?

Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

On a few threads I've seen pics of a pizza peel contraption that looks like some sort of conveyor belt.

What's it called and where do I get one?

thanks

bob

My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments

• 'Tis the Superpeel, and it truly *IS* super!!

HTH,
    HH
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • On most of those threads I have provided a link to it. Here it is once again. http://www.superpeel.com/
  • Thanks so much.  It's on the way.
  • EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    edited September 2012
    Which one did you get? The Super Peel gift set is the best deal.
  • Didn't notice the gift set.  Got the first one listed.

A little late to ask but how do you use it?  Do you build the pizza on a cutting board then onto the super peel or do you build it on the peel?

• I build my pizza on the countertop and then slide it onto the peel using the pastry cloth "conveyor belt" which seems a bit like a magic trick.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    The great thing about the super peel is you can make the pizza anyplace you want and it will pick it up even with it sitting on the counter for a little bit. When I'm having a pizza party I'll have one on the egg cooking, one being made and one on the super peel waiting to swap out when the first one is finished cooking. if you have a old peel just use that to take the pizza off of the BGE. You don't need the pastry cloth to get it off the stone (i use a metal one, but I already had it) At first i was holding the dough up a little to start it on the super peel but you can pick it up without, just push the board forward instead of pull on the cloth, it will make more sense once you get. Enjoy! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381

I thought it looked interesting until I watched the videos on the web site, guess I'm just a jerk but I would not buy anything from this guy if he profits from it. 

I will stick with a regular peel and when needed some parchment paper. 

• Wow just watched the videos. Not a must have but sure is a clever little gadget!

XLBGE 
  • lwrehm said:

I thought it looked interesting until I watched the videos on the web site, guess I'm just a jerk but I would not buy anything from this guy if he profits from it. 

what's wrong w/ the videos and/or the guy?  I only watched the 1st one, but I don't get it - do the proceeds go to support Al Quaida or does he profess his devotion to satan?  :-?
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Perhaps it is do to the fact that he uses a Grill Dome and not a BGE. I don't see what the problem is. He makes a good product and chooses to use the Grill Dome. So what?
  • Solson005
    I think its great he did the video himself and is obviously proud of his invention.. I also bought one and it has made pizza parties easier on myself. But I also cooked 13 pizzas last time we had a party...
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Solson005 said:
    The great thing about the super peel is you can make the pizza anyplace you want and it will pick it up even with it sitting on the counter for a little bit. When I'm having a pizza party I'll have one on the egg cooking, one being made and one on the super peel waiting to swap out when the first one is finished cooking. if you have a old peel just use that to take the pizza off of the BGE. You don't need the pastry cloth to get it off the stone (i use a metal one, but I already had it) At first i was holding the dough up a little to start it on the super peel but you can pick it up without, just push the board forward instead of pull on the cloth, it will make more sense once you get. Enjoy! 
    So do you make the whole pizzas ahead of time, just the crusts, what is the routine?  Yes I have a metal peel to take them off.  I'd like to do a pizza party but don't know how to line things up for multiple pizzas.
  • AUWAG
    AUWAG Posts: 73
    LOVE the Pizza Peel. Make them anywhere and it eliminates parchment paper and the frustration of trying to maneuver pizzas onto the egg. I cooked 7 last Friday for a party between my large and medium. I bought the dough from a local brick oven pizza place and made the rest of the pizza myself. I find this easier even though it isn't truly homemade. Made 2 and put them on and while those were cooking made 2 more and so on and so forth. Great invention this guy has. 
  • Solson005
    I usually just leave the dough in portioned out balls and roll them into pies then make one move it onto the super peel then start a new one and continue in that fashion. If you had a bunch of room you could do more ahead of time..
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    lwrehm said:

what's wrong w/ the videos and/or the guy?  I only watched the 1st one, but I don't get it - do the proceeds go to support Al Quaida or does he profess his devotion to satan?  :-?

His little “strumming  act” really irritated me.  That being said I’m pretty sure that I really irritate most people, sucks for my wife and kids but I assume they only stick around for the Q.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Perhaps the guitar-peel was the result of the nearly empty wine bottle.  I can relate to that.  I'll buy his stuff but I won't let him drive my car.
  • Good one Bob....
    LBGE
  • The pastry cloth "conveyor belt" on the SuperPeel allows you to pick up the fully assembled pizza from a countertop and the transplant the pizza onto the pizza stone. Then use a different device to remove the pizza from the stone. You could use a big spatula and a gloved hand, a flat cookie sheet, etc., but a metal pizza peel is the easiest rout. So if you do a lot of pizzas, it is nice to have a SuperPeel plus a metal pizza peel. I put the cooked pizza onto a wire cookie rack to cool a bit before slicing. Another thing to try for pizzas is Italian "00" flour which does make a better crust.
  • I just happen to have a metal pizza peel.