Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Bacon, chicken, cheese, candied japs, rub:

imageimageimageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• I'd like it better if you were wearing a kilt. :ar!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I saw a bottle of Julio's seasoning! I love that stuff. I haven't had Julio's in at least 8 years.. What I would do for a bag of Julio's chips right now. The msg makes it better.
  • Sounds and looks delicious! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    looks good.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • My avi is something similar. Always a big hit. I'm a bit simpler with just cream cheese/shredded cheese and diced jalapeño.
    Boom
  • How hot for how long ? Raised Direct it appears? They look really good, would like to try myself !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Mickey
    edited September 2012
    How hot for how long ? Raised Direct it appears? They look really good, would like to try myself !

400 about 30/35 min. I pull at 160.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Looks good, will have to try this, thanks for sharing. 
    At first glance I thought you used a running knot to tie it up, but when I look closer, it looks like you tied each piece of bacon separately and one piece end to end, is that right?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Looks good, will have to try this, thanks for sharing. 
    At first glance I thought you used a running knot to tie it up, but when I look closer, it looks like you tied each piece of bacon separately and one piece end to end, is that right?

Yes, wished I could do a running knot. Would you be interested in putting together something (with lots of pictures please).

• Mickey
    10Driver said:
    I saw a bottle of Julio's seasoning! I love that stuff. I haven't had Julio's in at least 8 years.. What I would do for a bag of Julio's chips right now. The msg makes it better.

If you need the rub just contact me.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I stuff with feta cheese, basil leaf and sun dried tomatoes.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Those look great Mickey. Well done. I won't tell your Mini's that you used the Large.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Man those look awesome. I'm going to send you some meat glue next time I order some. You'll never go back to tying knots again.

I ate at a restaurant this week that had a hyper thin layer of prosciutto meat glued to an oak grilled duck breast................man was it good. I think you'll like playig with it. I wish it was called something else though   
    :-&
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I'd like it better if you were wearing a kilt. :ar!

No, it'd be better if he had an eyepatch on.  Looks great, Mickey. I just saw that same meat tenderizer for the first time on an old episod of Good Eats yesterday. :ar!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Griffin said:

I'd like it better if you were wearing a kilt. :ar!
    No, it'd be better if he had an eyepatch on.  Looks great, Mickey. I just saw that same meat tenderizer for the first time on an old episod of Good Eats yesterday. :ar!

It is the best I have found.

• I was wom Ndering if you could give a little more info on the stuffing? It looks like something wet holding it together. Is it cream cheese? It looks really good I am going to try it tonight sans japs. I love em but the family doesn't.
  • Mickey
    edited September 2012
    I was wom Ndering if you could give a little more info on the stuffing? It looks like something wet holding it together. Is it cream cheese? It looks really good I am going to try it tonight sans japs. I love em but the family doesn't.
    ======================================================
    Hangfire I used equil  amounts goat cheese and packaged shredded cheddar/montery jack mix cheese. I did used liquid from the bottle of the candied jalapenos for moisture. Also used some rub as pictured above. Got to say that goat cheese is your friend.....

• Mickey
    edited September 2012

Hangfire77 I just had an idea for you. Why not fry up and crumble some bacon and mix in the cheese mix instead of the jalapenos......

Please send us how it turned out and send pics...

• Mickey, Thanks for the info,the cook was pushed back to Thursday. I will let you guys know how it turns out with info on the cook and pics.
  • I did the cook tonight. I did chicken beat out with a feta sundried tomatoes and basil. I then wrapped it in prosciutto and tied it off. It came out very good. My wife thought it was a little dry but I think it was the prosciutto. It was a great combo of taste. The reason I didn't use bacon was because I did stuffed mashed potatoes with bacon it them. Meal was very good I even had my sous chef helping out. Lol
  • Mickey
    edited September 2012
    Hangfire77 Good looking sous chef. Nice cook. My suggestion is you might have cooked just a little to long. One other item: you can't get to much bacon :@) What part of the country are you in?

• Mickey
    Lol I hear ya on the Bacon! Next cook I am using bacon just to see the difference. I probably did go long on the cook I will keep a better eye on it next time. I am in Va. The Hampton roads area Va Beach Chesapeake Norfolk ect... how bout you?
  • Mickey
    Hangfire77 I am in the center of Texas, Salado. Hoping you would be closer and I could invite you to our Salado EggFest.

• I would definitely take you up on it. If I understand it everything is bigger in Texas! Eggfest there has to be huge. Lol
  • Hangfire77, nice combination of textures and flavors.  Looks delicious.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• I did the cook tonight. I did chicken beat out with a feta sundried tomatoes and basil. I then wrapped it in prosciutto and tied it off. It came out very good. My wife thought it was a little dry but I think it was the prosciutto. It was a great combo of taste. The reason I didn't use bacon was because I did stuffed mashed potatoes with bacon it them. Meal was very good I even had my sous chef helping out. Lol
    Great looking cook, I think the bacon would be OK, might even go with the taters better, always nice to have a common thread. Love the sous chef, if anything like mine, prays for egg mistakes, means we eat out and the sous chef eats in, in style!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • @doc yes it was very good definite do again. I will try bacon next time just to see what the taste would be like. @skiddymarker , yeah he is my buddy during cooks, always keeps me on my toes not to drop anything. He always get a taste test to make sure it's ok for us to eat. :-)