Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket results

Options
mr toad
mr toad Posts: 779
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
first - thanks for all your help

method - **note** - i am a novice - first time - friday night - 7.5 lb - rubbed a bit of mustard - then used a liberal amount of D.P's Dust, course rub - i caked it on - saturday morning - oval stone - adj rig - digi q dx2 - in the egg at 7:00 am temp 225- 5:00 pm - 175 -  foiled brisket and back on egg for one hour - uncovered, rest, sliced at 6:30 to the delight of all -

the only sad thing is - i am not sure if this "delight of the palate" can ever be duplicated - it was so tender, great bark and oh, so gooooood !

again thanks for your help - mr toad
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    sounds good and if you like the way it came out make some notes and do it the same way or try changing one thing at a time to see if you can make it better . but next time pics or it didn't  happen 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Radio
    Options
    bigphil said:
    sounds good and if you like the way it came out make some notes and do it the same way or try changing one thing at a time to see if you can make it better . but next time pics or it didn't  happen