Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finished my new table and it's already obsolete

BizGreenEggBizGreenEgg Posts: 278
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

So I finished up my new table to hold my MBGE last week and was very happy with the results...

Until I found a great deal on a LBGE on CL which I felt obligated to pick up this last weekend.  I guess I'll have to take the router to the table again and open the top a little more.  As problems go, I think this is one I am happy to deal with.

Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
The damp PNW 

Comments

• That's very funny!  Nice table and yes that's a nice problem to have.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,872
    That's what I call a "high class problem." Congrats on the new addition.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • BotchBotch Posts: 6,196
    So you're selling the Medium?

I've got a Large and a Small, and I'm building a table to fit the Small only.  I use it for grilling and stir-frying (high-activity cooks) and want the table for grilling tools, spatulas, mis-en-place ingredients, sauces & glazes, etc.  I use the Large for low-n-slows, butts briskets and ribs, and once they're going I leave them alone until they're done, don't need any table space.  

The photo you took is fantastic!  If you shoot it again, with the "god beams" (shafts of sunlight) actually hitting the Egg, I could see that as a cover shot for the next BGE brochure.   
    :-c

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • Your egg seems holy with the beams of light behind it, great shot and congrats on the addition!
  • I think you just need to build a 2nd table........or add a second hole to that one. No need to open that hole up......keep me both.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,384
    Those beams of light teared me up....*sniff*...

Shoulda done what I did - get the hole made for the large and use it for the medium :)