Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-bone's...mmm

Options
njl
njl Posts: 1,123
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I tried something totally new tonight.  Yesterday, I saw a pile of T-bone steaks at Costco.  I don't think they normally sell this cut.  Most were 3 packs...I picked one that was 3.64 lbs.  I decided to try sprinkling the dry part of my usual rib rub on them, and a little extra kosher salt, and then went about getting the egg/fire ready for them.  I seared them about a minute per side at about 650F, let the grill cool, then finished them 4 minutes per side at 400F.  They came out nice and tender and were so big, my wife and I split one for dinner.  One will be dinner tomorrow...and we'll probably still have a spare.  I guess I should have frozen one.

I was a little worried about searing steaks with a rub on them that's got brown sugar in it...but it wasn't a problem.

Comments