Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FTC wings?

Options
duck_hunter
duck_hunter Posts: 185
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Now that it is football season, and I am getting invited to some viewing parties, I am wondering if I can cook wings to completion at home and ftc them for a couple of hours until consumed at half time?

Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 

Comments

• MikeP624
    Options
    I have never done it, but it seems like the skin would get soggy/chewy when FTCed. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Went to a party of EggHeads at LawnRangers several weeks ago. Lots of wings cooked on Sat night. Let me tell you I had my weight in wings Sunday morning when we went back for brunch and they were just out of the icebox. You bring them, they will eat them......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    MikeP624 said:
    I have never done it, but it seems like the skin would get soggy/chewy when FTCed. 

my thoughts exactly. Maybe blast them with some high heat when ready to serve to try and crisp the skin back up.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    wings hold very well for hours. That's why they are on every happy hour steam tray you will find. More fat = better hold (and wings are loaded with fat). The skin should hold too but if you feel you need more crisp skin, hit them with the broiler or serve them off the egg when you are ready.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX