Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Do not feed the trolls"/"DNFTT"

The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Definition of a troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] guys- don't feed the trolls. Ignore and move on. don't respond to this, don't respond to anything related to the inflamatory stuff on other threads. Ignore, Ignore, Ignore. Peace CT
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    +1 Cen-Tex
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    +infinity 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Do you know what it will take to make the Grumpy Old Troll say "thank you" for the very first time? Dora and Boots do. First you'll have to help Dora up the Big Red Hill. Oops! The Big Red Hill is actually the Big Red Chicken, who will be happy to give them a ride. Use your mouse to click on the numbers in the right order and the Big Red Chicken will take Dora and Boots to Fishy Lake. Once there, they'll catch up with the fish, el pez--but they'll need your help in the water. Unlike other lakes, this one is full of snakes! When the way is clear, click on the fish and he'll swim. At Play Park find and click on the things that make the Grumpy Old Troll happy. Can you help Dora turn the Grumpy Old Troll into a thankful Old Troll?
  • Do you know what it will take to make the Grumpy Old Troll say "thank you" for the very first time? Dora and Boots do. First you'll have to help Dora up the Big Red Hill. Oops! The Big Red Hill is actually the Big Red Chicken, who will be happy to give them a ride. Use your mouse to click on the numbers in the right order and the Big Red Chicken will take Dora and Boots to Fishy Lake. Once there, they'll catch up with the fish, el pez--but they'll need your help in the water. Unlike other lakes, this one is full of snakes! When the way is clear, click on the fish and he'll swim. At Play Park find and click on the things that make the Grumpy Old Troll happy. Can you help Dora turn the Grumpy Old Troll into a thankful Old Troll?
    Some folks should not drink and post.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Woohoo. A reaction. I win.
  • bigphil

ach time you allow another person to get under your skin, you're choosing to give up control over your life. No matter how upset you get about the actions or behaviors of others, it won't change anything.  The only person you have control over is yourself, and if you're so busy being upset over the behavior of someone else then you have just given that person power over you.  Another person cannot make you upset without your consent. Be careful not to get wrapped up in another person's emotions, they are responsible for what they say, feel and act.  Don't allow them to drag you into their misery.  Detach yourself from the drama.Take responsibility for your emotions and get control over them.  Make a commitment to yourself that you will no longer allow others to determine how you feel.  As soon as you notice anger, hurt or fear arise take charge of those thoughts going through your mind, ask yourself who it is that is really in control of how you feel, is it another person that really has that kind of power over you or is it that you are letting them have that power over you? 

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Bayside- that was hilarious. Nice.
  • guys- stop responding to this. bayside was funny but just let this die. Read and move on.
  • CT thanks for the thread. Gave me more attention. Now that is hilarious. You must like attention also. Cool. Now feed me.
  • Just sent an email to Marketing@BigGreenEgg.com regarding Salty Hogs BBQ ruining threads.  Perhaps others may wish to do so as well.

I'm sure Salty will become tumescent.

My actuary says I'm dead.
  • +1 Cen-Tex. I always tell my daughters that the best way to deal with a bully is to completely ignore them. Don't react or give them the time of day. Well...not sure that is the best way...but that is my way.
  • Just sent an email to Marketing@BigGreenEgg.com regarding Salty Hogs BBQ ruining threads.  Perhaps others may wish to do so as well.

Tattle teller. LOL
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited September 2012

Just sent an email to Marketing@BigGreenEgg.com regarding Salty Hogs BBQ ruining threads.  Perhaps others may wish to do so as well.

Actually, I think it's "forumabuse@biggreenegg.com" - if enough people complain, and especially point out the percentage of combative / abusive and trolling posts, then the forum admins will act accordingly.  

So everyone who wishes to have the offender banned, please send the emails.

HTH,
    HH
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Actually, I think it's "forumabuse@biggreenegg.com" - if enough people complain, and especially point out the percentage of combative / abusive and trolling posts, then the forum admins will act accordingly.  

So everyone who wishes to have the offender banned, please send the emails.

HTH,
    HH

thanks, I just sent an email.

XLBGE 
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited September 2012
    It seems our emails worked. I wonder what he will come back as. I would like to see all his posts removed also.
  • Awesome job guys. My fav part of someone being banned? They change the avi to "user banned carry on" I find that funny ha. And thanks CT and HH. I'll save that address for next time.
    Boom
  • My fav part of someone being banned? They change the avi to "user banned carry on" I find that funny ha.

+1
    Hilarious.

XLBGE 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    salty, youve come full circle, last sept you were only bashing long time posters from the old forum coming here, now your bashing newbie posters this sept.
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Great job everyone. I emailed BGE before this was posted about the guy. BGE does need some normal mods on here IMO. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Sgt93 said:

Great job everyone. I emailed BGE before this was posted about the guy. BGE does need some normal mods on here IMO. 

Yea. I'm sure bge IT works up the forum but a couple of lurking/active mods will quickly clean up a forum!

XLBGE 
  • I wouldn't get too excited if you wanted him gone. He's been here longer than any of us and will be here when we are all gone. He has several handles and a lot of time on his hands and it's about to get cold in Cananda :) He's reading all this and loving it so just ignore if you don't like.
  • CT,

Apparently you have an idea who he might have been

B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Mike8it said:
    Tweeve
    I did not want to play the game here-but the above is the only obvious answer to "will the real ---- please stand up".  One could wonder "why" and likely never understand.  You can decide on your own who wins-but fishlessman has it right!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • +1 Centex.  I have missed everyone, buy it was getting too weird.  I mean you are mostly all guys, and I was wondering if I had somehow got on a forum with too many XX chromosomes.  Everything was getting so nasty so I took a little vacation from it all!  
  • bigphil
    +1 Centex.  I have missed everyone, buy it was getting too weird.  I mean you are mostly all guys, and I was wondering if I had somehow got on a forum with too many XX chromosomes.  Everything was getting so nasty so I took a little vacation from it all!  
    welcome back 
  • Have the trolls infiltrated the eggheadforum too?  Is nothing sacred?

Go Cowboys!

;-)

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Romo is my fantasy football qb... He's not doing great.. But he's doing better then eli
    Clearly, from Romo's Superbowl rings and all :))

Welcome back @LizzieSamps
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Everything was getting so nasty so I took a little vacation from it all!  
    Glad you're back, Lizzie. :-h

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious