Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egghead!

GreenEggAndMan
GreenEggAndMan Posts: 53
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
First of all, I'd like to say what a happening community this is. I purchased my egg in June and have been looking to each and every one of your posts for advice on the dos and don'ts of egging. This has got to be my favorite purchase I have made in quite a long time. Not only have I purchased a large egg I've purchased many eggcessories as well including the ash tool, grid lifter, composite egg shelves, V-rack, a thermapen, digiQ dx2, a plate setter, and a large pizza stone. In case you don't already know, I still want more! Thankfully my wife has not complained once considering the hefty price tag and after everything I've prepared for our family and our guests, I'm pretty sure she supports any eggcessory purchases in our eggs future. I've been doing work on this magical device, I've done multiple butt's, spatchcock chickens, a brisket, tons of fish, burgers, dogs, cornbread and much more. Yes, I know you've noticed that ribs were not mentioned on my list of conquered cooks but this weekend ribs and I will meet face to face and I plan on doing my part in reducing the pork population. By the way my name is Tyler a.k.a. "green egg and man" born and raised in the dreadfully overpopulated state of Georgia and I look forward to getting know each and every one of you. Thanks for the tips and I'm excited to contribute and become a part of your community.

Comments

• Outcast
    Outcast Posts: 112
    Welcome.  Also from the overpopulated state of Ga.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    First of all, I'd like to say what a happening community this is. I purchased my egg in June and have been looking to each and every one of your posts for advice on the dos and don'ts of egging. This has got to be my favorite purchase I have made in quite a long time, not only have I purchased a large egg I've purchased many eggcessories including the ash tool, grid lifter, composite egg shelves, V-rack, a thermapen, digiQ dx2, a plate setter, and a large pizza stone. In case you didn't already know, I still want more! Thankfully my wife has not complained once considering the hefty price tag and after everything I've prepared for our family and our guests, I'm pretty sure she supports any eggcessory purchases in our eggs future. I've been doing work on this magical device, I've done multiple butt's, spatchcock chickens, a brisket, tons of fish, burgers, dogs, cornbread and much more. Yes, I know you've noticed that ribs were not mentioned on my list of conquered cooks but this weekend ribs and I will meet face to face and I plan on doing my part in reducing the pork population. By the way my name is Tyler a.k.a. "green egg and man" born and raised in dreadfully overpopulated state of Georgia and I look forward to getting know each and every one of you. Thanks for the tips and I'm excited to contribute and become a part of your community.

+ 1 on this one. You can learn so much just by reading all the post here.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Congrats!
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • I'm a new egghead too and I also live in GA.  Welcome to our obsession! I have only posted one comment and now two because I'm too busy reading the advice from the other Eggheads.  I recommend you try lobster on the BGE. Best lobster ever!  Look forward to reading your posts in the near future! :)
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Welcome. You are starting out right by reading what everyone is posting here. You will find a wealth of advice (and a bit of drama - pay more attention to the advice and sit back and smile at the drama). Sounds like you are off to a great start with your cooks, and looking forward to tour posts and pics. Before long you will be giving advice as well as learning from the forum.
  • Lobster is going to be a must! I was reading some posts earlier and came across a fellow egghead who celebrated his 35th anniversary with his wife by cooking "bugs" on the BGE, and boy was my mouth watering. By the way thank you all for the hospitality, I'm looking forward to becoming part of the family.
  • Welcome, Tyler!  :) 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Welcome, Tyler.  Lookin' forward to pictures of your cooks.  How's 'bout some lobstah ?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Welcome aboard, Tyler. BTW...we love seeing pics, so make sure to take plenty and share them here.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Thank you all, I will definitely be capturing all of my egging endeavors and sharing with you all. I can't wait to try out some of the recipes that you all have shared, its only 9:20 in the morning and my mouth is watering for some quality Q!
  • This forum has saved me a lot of worthless meat as i am sure with out it things would have gotten ruined. Instead I have had great success, as a matter of fact yesterday I was in the dealers store and a guy was wanting to buy an egg. I gave him this website for a learning tool !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO