Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

why?

bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering why this forum has changed so much in just a few months . There seems to be a overwhelming need by more and more to belittle others attack in some way . Isn't the reason for this forum to share our cooks gain experience and knowlegde from each other in short a common goal to better our experience by sharing and maybe make a few friends along the way , why read a thread by someone you know will set you off or read something you don't agree just to attack. someone said its like a TV change the channel i agree with that . let cook and have fun thats why we all bought the BGE in the first place isn't it ?
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• AMEN, Phil.  Well said.
    Flint, Michigan
  • I just ignore the negative tardos
  • I thought I was the only one seeing this pattern, I agree 100% lets just share experiences and be civil while we do !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • cep55
    cep55 Posts: 20
    Thanks for bringing that up, Phil. I am a little disheartened today by some/one of the responses I've gotten regarding my post in Nat's "Bit by the Egg" thread. It's absolutely fine to disagree with me, but to belittle, condescend and imply (or outright say, as the case may be) that someone is an imbecile just isn't a caliber of discussion that benefits any of us. I do understand that my post was not extolling the supreme perfection of the Egg, and some people don't like that. However, my intent was to be constructive and point out something of which I think people should be aware. (I hope others will do the same if they have a concern). Some might disagree, or choose to reject any sort of criticism, which they are absolutely free to do. However, when they do, I think it's fair to expect that they express it in a respectful and mature manner.

I love the Egg and the constructive parts of the Egg community; they are kind, informative people and a credit to the Egg community and this forum. And yes, this forum should be focused on recipes, cooking tips, camaraderie and useful information about the Egg.

Best,
    Christina
  • Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    I come on this forum to relax and check out what everyone is up to that is cooking on Eggs. I give my opinion on a few things, but in no way do I ever battle with anyone. Really no point.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168

I always try to be a "frictionless conduit" for all the reasons sited above, I am well in line with "why are we here" if not to learn from others.  No excuses...and I hope this site doesn't evolve to a clone of the "other" one-then it will be time to "declare victory" and move on.  Have a great weekend!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I don't feel that the forum has changed since I've been on it. There have always been nice, helpful, people as well as a handful of argumentative opinionated people. It's just life 
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • I don't feel that the forum has changed since I've been on it. There have always been nice, helpful, people as well as a handful of argumentative opinionated people. It's just life 
    I've observed the same....no matter what forum you go on it seems there are always a few that attack or belittle others....those folks I ignore.  There are enough good folks on most forums to more than make up for the bad eggs.
  • cep55
    cep55 Posts: 20
    That's true... and those argumentative types are a whole lot bolder under the veil of anonymity provided by the internet. They might be contentious in real life too, but because of the issues that make them that way in the first place, they are usually not the bravest people and generally wouldn't dare speak that way to someone's face!

• cep55 said:
    That's true... and those argumentative types are a whole lot bolder under the veil of anonymity provided by the internet. They might be contentious in real life too, but because of the issues that make them that way in the first place, they are usually not the bravest people and generally wouldn't dare speak that way to someone's face!
    I promise you I would. 

I think you stepped over the line in that other thread by making a veiled threat to the Mothership.

I think someone's panties are in a bunch because not everyone feels sorry that they lost a little bit of their finger from their own incompetence.  Boowoo.  Cry me a river.
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Salty Hogs BBQ Posts: 171
    edited September 2012
    This thread I believe wasn't supposed to be argumentative one, but a peaceful one.  However, little ole woman took the first shots.
  • I still find the forum extremely helpful and am grateful it exists.  I just skip over the negative posts that always seem to come from the same few participants.  Freedom of expression means freedom to be a jerk.  A reasonable person will never get the "last word" if engaged in conversation with them.  Just blow past it.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • bigphil

cep55 said:
    I promise you I would. 

I think you stepped over the line in that other thread by making a veiled threat to the Mothership.

I think someone's panties are in a bunch because not everyone feels sorry that they lost a little bit of their finger from their own incompetence.  Boowoo.  Cry me a river.
    case in point . 
    lets cook have a few drinks laugh and have fun .to many posts like this get more comments than some of the fantastic cooks a lot do here . what's everyone cooking tomorrow 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Why ask why? Try bud dry.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Whooop, there it is.
  • bigphil
    Why ask why? Try bud dry.
    i prefer rare breed wild turkey myself elixir of the egg gods so am told or maybe i just made that up  :)>-
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    It's amazing how we can value others opinions, even if we have never met them or know if their opinions hold any value.... Not worth the BGE forum war. (white flag emoticon)
  • I bought a 2 pack butt at Sams and I figure to have em in the Egg by 5:00am.  They should come off at 3 and we should be in pulled pork heaven for supper.  In the mean time, I have my fantasy football draft to occupy my time and my daughter (another team owner) to talk smack at.
    Flint, Michigan
  • bigphil
    @mountaindewbass i dont think he is anymore 
  • "Chaos, Panic, and Disorder,  My work is done."

Some choose to live by those words.  If you reply to these individual's attacks they accomplish these goals.  If you just ignore them they will move on.

• bigphil
    Ranger908 said:

"Chaos, Panic, and Disorder,  My work is done."

Some choose to live by those words.  If you reply to these individual's attacks they accomplish these goals.  If you just ignore them they will move on.

+infinity