Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking order

Options
dawsonhull
dawsonhull Posts: 105
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Planning to do ABTs, corn in the husks (4), and ribeyes (5) tomorrow on the LGBE. Is there a particular order in which I should try to cook things? The corn and ABTs will probably cooked around the same temperature and duration. Should I cook those first and then heat up the grill to around 700° to sear the steaks?

Thanks for your help!
Dawson

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I always start vegetables first at a lower temp, but I have two BGEs to facilitate that.  Properly done veggies take longer than a lot of folks realize.

I am curious what single Eggers will say.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I always start vegetables first at a lower temp, but I have two BGEs to facilitate that.  Properly done veggies take longer than a lot of folks realize.

I am curious what single Eggers will say.
    +1 i was surprised to find that out 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I'd get the veggies ready, they are easy to hold and then sear the steaks, bring to desired doneness and let steaks rest for 5 minutes in a foiled tent.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I have a large and I would do abts first and corn, then turn on the blast furnace, sear and drop back down to roast ( basic trex) while dropping 30-45 mins I would eat abts as an ap and have several beverages. Then roast steaks to done temp and toss corn back on to reheat (it stays warm and moist in husk very well) I would probably shuck before second cook and season with salt pepper butter and chilli powder, wrap in foil and butter. People appreciate corn more not having to remove the husks.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Oh yes and dome open on the sear portion.