Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woe is me

travisstrick
travisstrick Posts: 5,002
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I was going to cook a brisket today and do a big write up on it. A few things killed the write up part.

I got too drunk last night so I didn't sleep well. I had to start my brisket early but I'm going fishing at 6 so I don't really have time to take pics or notes. AND that dog from Texas, cen tex, beat me too it. What a great post. There is no way I could touch that one.

So now it's 4:55am and my brisket is chugging along just fine. I'm having a high ball glass full of some Texas wine for breakfast while I wait on my friends to wake the heck up.

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    'morning Travis.  I went to bed @ 1:30 and my little red-headed step child was holding steady @ 245.  Woke up and she hasn't budged a single degree.  Internal temp is 175.  Put it on alittle after 9pm. 
  • I got too drunk last night so I didn't sleep well.
    Guard Duty again ?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• No duty for me, Gary.

I somehow just made the best brisket of my life. I forgot my hickory wood so it got no smoke and the temp shot up to 450 dome while I was fishing and wouldn't come down. I only opened the dome once at 12 hrs. No remote thermo at all. I'm a little surprised.

Perfect bark
    Perfect taste( grand champion only)
    Perfect tenderness.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I somehow just made the best brisket of my life. I forgot my hickory wood so it got no smoke and the temp shot up to 450 dome while I was fishing and wouldn't come down. I only opened the dome once at 12 hrs. No remote thermo at all. I'm a little surprised. Perfect bark Perfect taste( grand champion only) Perfect tenderness.
    Your yin and yang are in balance.  The Tao favored you.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Whoa.  Well, sort of reminds me of a stand up comedy bit about wanting to live such an interesting life that the funeral will require a closed casket.  I think it might have been Ron White.  Well anyway, 'grats on snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.  I know I've done the opposite plenty of times.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Atta boy Travis. I wrote that up like my first week here. I'm not really sure all of it even true. I haven't looked at it since! As you may be aware, im a big fan of getting drunk and cooking brisket with little or no regard for the rules so Welcome to the club! And wine for breakfast.......all I can say is well played, sir.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX