Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Cen-Tex

Options
Black_Badger
Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hey Cen-Tex,
I stumbled across a brisket post today where you outlined your whole process (original topic might have been looking for a turbo method? I forget now). Anyway, it was a truly great post with three good photos. I was wondering if you have any other photos to accompany. I'm now convinced I need to sort my charcoal and fill the firebox higher for overnight cooks, but photos throughout the filling, lighting and temp stabilization process would be fantastic. I've had some fairly successful overnights (couple shoulders and one brisket) but I still have a long way to go to get where I'd like to be. Heading out now to light the Egg and cook some pizza for dinner. Thanks for the help and advice, we all appreciate you sharing your expertise.

Cheers -
B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Options
    Quick follow up, pizza tonight turned out really good. New peel worked like a charm!

Cheers -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    Pizza looks really good. I'm sure cen-tex will post a response before to long. I know he said he was going to lay off the forum a bit the other day.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Hey Cen-Tex,
    I stumbled across a brisket post today where you outlined your whole process (original topic might have been looking for a turbo method? I forget now). Anyway, it was a truly great post with three good photos. I was wondering if you have any other photos to accompany. I'm now convinced I need to sort my charcoal and fill the firebox higher for overnight cooks, but photos throughout the filling, lighting and temp stabilization process would be fantastic. I've had some fairly successful overnights (couple shoulders and one brisket) but I still have a long way to go to get where I'd like to be. Heading out now to light the Egg and cook some pizza for dinner. Thanks for the help and advice, we all appreciate you sharing your expertise.

Cheers -
    B_B

I have some pics of how I build fires. I'll dig them up and post here when inher home later.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX