Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slide and Gluide Bars on Adjustable Rig

Charcoal_Addict
Charcoal_Addict Posts: 227
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hey Guys, How much mileage do you get out of the slide and glide bars on the ceramic Grill Stores adjustable rig? Do they get used often enough in the Adjustable rig set-up to make them worth while purchasing? The best senario I can think of is using them to hold a drip pan below top grid so dripping from the top grid don't land on what's cooking below.
2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    I love mine, but use it mostly for a second layer of food, at felt level. 
    I usually put the drip pan way low on the stone
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • I use mine quite often. I also have the oval stone and grate the fits on top of it. Use for both a double layer of food and for putting a drip pan on it. It is worth the money for me.
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    I used mine on every cook since my purchase.. Either holding a drip pan, or more food. Sure makes it easy to simply slide out and flip or pull the food.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I thought the same thing when I unwrapped my setup. YOU NEED THEM........... I use them in all kinds of ways....DO ORDER THEM....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Could not add this pic for some reason to above (the forum is acting funny for some reason at my end anywhay).

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Does anyone have pics with a searing set-up using the adjustable rig?
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

For searing you wouldn't really use the rig.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    For searing you'd use the Woo
  • The woo2 and the 18 Inch CI for the LG BGE. I can pretty much mirror the same set-up as owners of the XL Egg. The woo2 brings the Adjustsble rig up to the felt line with the XL Egg. With the Big Joe the firebox is 2 1/2 deeper to the fire ring and 2 higher in the dome. I might have to keep that in mind since the lower grate will not be sitting at the felt line unless I find a way to raise the woo2 up 2 1/2 inches out for the slide guide to work for a lower grid.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Mickey said:
    I thought the same thing when I unwrapped my setup. YOU NEED THEM........... I use them in all kinds of ways....DO ORDER THEM....

:-\"
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    You need them...
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    for searing, you'd actually use the spider. I use mine, with the weber 13" cast iron cross hatch grill. works like a charm, watch your temp thou, hotter than 600 and you'll scorch them real quick
  • lensegg
    lensegg Posts: 35
    My advice is to get them. They add so much flexibility to the BGE. If you have questions you should call Tom and discuss. He spent a good deal of time on the phone with me, discussing different coking techniques, and walked me through my decision. I ordered the R & B combo and then a 16inch stone and couldn't be happier. The equipment is rugged and functional. The service from Tom and his company was wonderful. Enjoy the journey!
  • The woo2 has a built in spider too, the deal for the woo2 package and Adjustable rig is far better than the spider package.
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    can the woo 3 and the 13 inch cast iron grate be used for searing

or

what is the best set-up for searing using the woo 3

thanks, mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    for the large, the Spiders and PS Woo3 drop into the fire ring for searing closer to the lump.  BGE's 13 inch cast iron grid (13CI) for the small egg is the recommended grid.

for the xl, the Spiders and XL woo2 drop into the fire ring for searing closer to the lump.  BGE's medium (15CI) or large (18CI) cast iron grids are recommended.    

hope this helps....t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.