Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Turkey

Options
The Walrus
The Walrus Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Smoked a 8 lb. turkey breast this morning, indirect over fire bricks and hickory chunks. The cooking time was over three hours at between 325 and 350 degrees. The first 45 minutes to one hour, the temperature was kept under 200 degrees to allow absorption of the hickory smoke. The results--GREAT.[p]

Comments

• g-o
    g-o Posts: 39
    Options
    Glad to hear the turkey turned out good. We have been wanting to do one, just a little hesitant to try. Guess we'll go ahead now.
    Gord

• Unknown
    Options
    g-o, Off Topic, but how's the wife's hand? Shame that she got burnt like that. Second question, seeing your are a retired long haul driver, couldn't you have hitched a ride with a buddy to the US, bought the BGE at a considerable savings, fired it up two or three times to look used and then just taken it across as part of the "in rig liven gear"? Or am I naive that you have to declare everything? ^oo^~

• g-o
    g-o Posts: 39
    Options
    one feral kat, Thank you so much for your concern. Cecile's
    hand is recovering quite nicely, one or two blisters that are really sore and painful. Doctor said she was lucky that it wasn't worse. A steam burn is the worst kind. I feel really guilty for not being there, it should have been me opening that lid, although she was aware that it could happen. I bet the gloves will get used more now. As for purchasing our egg in U.S.--believe me we thought about it.
    After converting our money it still would have cost us almost as much. We would then have to go back over to that dealer for any warranty or service that was needed. The small savings would not be worth the hassle.
    Gord