Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib question

DHW
DHW Posts: 11
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
About to try first attempt at bb ribs tomorrow and want to do the turbo method. Just planning to rub them down good and go but will I need to take off and put in foil and apple juice at any point in cook. From what I understand I will take around 2hrs at 350 indirect . Also, what's the best way to do glaze at the end with this method. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    At that temp, foiling will be unnecessary. BB's are pretty tender anyway. You could spritz with some apple juice in the middle of the cook if you want. Don't forget to remove the membrane first before you put them on. Don't worry about glazing them until they are done. Glaze and leave them on about another 5 minutes or so. You'll be fine.

Living Large and XL

• gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379

I did not foil, but I'm sure you can if you would like.  As far as sauce or glaze I would think the higher temp would actually be better than low temp.  I would also think that it could burn fairly quickly if you don't keep an eye on them.

George

George
  • DHW
    DHW Posts: 11
    Thanks for the advice, they turned out great