Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb rib chops and corn ideas needed

Options
Philicious
Philicious Posts: 346
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have a bunch of lamb chops that I plan to rub with EVOO, rosemary, and garlic. I want to grill them and some corn on the cob. I have never done either on the BGE and welcome any suggestions that y'all may have.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    lamb lollipops.  remember when lamb was cheap? damn,  haven't had lamb lollipops ion forever.  don't grill them too hot. the fat will burn (and evoo too).  shake the excess evoo if you can and then grill raised, 400 or so.  that will take the sting off the sear and (help) keep the evoo from burning.

with a steak you might not want olive oil, but on a quick not too hot cook like this, thin chops, it won't burn too badly.

skip extra virgin, and use your cheaper grade.

new england boy here.  my corn gets steamed, stove top.  might do a husk-on roast once a year.  you could do it before you do the lamb.  same, 400 or so, raised if you want.  turn turn and turn again.  some soak ( i don't).  you can peel back the husks, lose the silk, and close them up again.  or you can peel them hot and pull out the silk.  actually comes out easier when cooked and steamy, but if you have guests it's nice to serve the ears of corn without the silks

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Philicious
    Philicious Posts: 346
    Options
    Stike - thanks for the reply. I'll post some pics. These are being done tomorrow. There was a recent thread about corn in the husks but I can't find it. Thanks again.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • Eller
    Eller Posts: 56
    Options
    I have tried a couple of ways to prepare corn on the Egg. If you can find fresh corn in the husk, you could try it this way: Place the corn  on the Egg at 400 degrees with husks and silk on. Let them cook on the outer rim of your fire. The husks get burned a bit, but that ok. Take the corn off the egg after the full 20 minutes and strip them of the husks and silk. Next, roll the ears on real buter. Sprinkle Tajin Mexican spice, sea salt, and pepper. Then put finely chopped cilantro on the ears. Top with Cacique cheese crumbles and squirt some fresh lime juice on them. Serve and enjoy. this recipe can be altered by foiling without  husks and silk. Same ingredients go into the foil wrap except put the Cacique on after the foil comes off and just before you serve. Make 2 to 3 ears per person because this is a crowd pleaser. Hope this helps. Good luck with your lamb cook.