Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Timing Wok & Pulled Pork

Z_Eggineer
Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Comrades, I finally got everything to wok with on the egg from the Wok Shop. Tonight is the night. However, I also pledged to bring 2 Boston Butts to work tomorrow. How can I wok then smoke two 6'lb butts and have them ready by 6:30 AM or so? The Wokking gets the egg to really high temps if I recall. Thank you! Z

Comments

• xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    last time i did pizzas i had the egg running 550+ for 2 hours, capped it and closed the bottom vent for a couple hours. opened when it was around 350, threw some large chunks of smokewood on the coals and a little fresh charcoal on top. Dialed in the top and bottom vents for 250 and put the pork on. It was done at right around 6am

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    You could always do a turbo butt which will cook at a higher temp.  Mickey has done many turbo butts and said the only difference in the end result is the bark.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576

Got PP on late and didn't foil or run egg high enough apparently.  It read ~165 at 6 AM (after 9-10 hours smoking, bonein small butts).  Foiled and did raised direct at 350 dome until 195.  Then a bunch of yellow jackets came and had to dispose of them, letting the meat get up to 206 or more.  Currently FTC.  Will it all be ok?

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Do not see any issue at all. Will still be moist and not overdone even at 206.
    Clarendon Hills, IL