Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

iPhone 5 leaked! Perfect for taking pictures of stuff cooked on eggs!

JerkChicken
JerkChicken Posts: 551
edited August 2012 in Off Topic
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

Comments

• Haha, I was halfway through before I knew it was a ruse
  • moose28
    moose28 Posts: 61
    That's awesome. Worth te $800 price tag I think.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    :))

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    "Haha, I was halfway through before I knew it was a ruse"
    that's because you are about as bright as an appliance bulb.  also, canadian.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • I just saw this on FB. Classic!
  • smasch
    smasch Posts: 115
    Android..............
    Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    cowbell
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Biggest bummer.. Apple changed the dock port.. So no existing apple docks are compatible with the new iphone

This really sucks. I own about 8 charges from all my Apple products. It's nice to have one at work, car, etc. have to build up my collection once I upgrade while keeping current chargers for iPad.
    Boom
  • Biggest bummer.. Apple changed the dock port.. So no existing apple docks are compatible with the new iphone

This really sucks. I own about 8 charges from all my Apple products. It's nice to have one at work, car, etc. have to build up my collection once I upgrade while keeping current chargers for iPad.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, technology is always changing so this should have been expected eventually. And rest assure, there will be an adaptor available so that you can continue using all your apple accessories.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    That's one thing I hate about Apple mobile devices - all their proprietary connectors.  Why don't they just use a micro USB port like everyone else on the planet?!

That said, I have a Macbook Pro and love the mag-safe power connector. 
    Biggest bummer.. Apple changed the dock port.. So no existing apple docks are compatible with the new iphone

I wouldn't worry about it too much, technology is always changing so this should have been expected eventually. And rest assure, there will be an adaptor available so that you can continue using all your apple accessories.

Well the problem is Apple specific. Almost all phones use a micro USB for charging, so universal between manufactures. I don't know if has started yet but all the hardware manufactures, except Apple, have agreed to start using the same style/size charging port. If I remember it was bc of pressure from European Union. But this prevents consumers from buying entire new accessory set each time they switch phones. Or to only carry one if for some reason carry multiple phones (work/personal). While I own and use many Apple products and their "way" is often effective if nothing else it can be frustrating and not cheap. I get why they are changing, and it may last 4-6 years before they change again. Just another factor for me to consider when I upgrade again. Bc of what I do for my paycheck upgrading is not as important to me as some folks, but it an annoyance.
    Boom
  • That's one thing I hate about Apple mobile devices - all their proprietary connectors.  Why don't they just use a micro USB port like everyone else on the planet?!

Agreed, they have a lot of proprietary BS, but they do have some reasoning behind it. For example, the 30pin connector on all of your iStuff has a lot more flexibility than a standard mini or micro USB such as supporting 1080p playback onto external display devices. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

That's one thing I hate about Apple mobile devices - all their proprietary connectors.  Why don't they just use a micro USB port like everyone else on the planet?!

Agreed, they have a lot of proprietary BS, but they do have some reasoning behind it. For example, the 30pin connector on all of your iStuff has a lot more flexibility than a standard mini or micro USB such as supporting 1080p playback onto external display devices. 
    I'll agree with that.  But they still could go with standards - video playback standard connectors on mobile devices are the micro hdmi - that's what my phone and pad have.

I really do like the Thuderbolt port on my MBP - the standard it uses will support up to 100 GB/sec.  I'd like to see everything using those.
    smasch said:
    Android..............
    SMH
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Yup. Apple is losing to much potential money by third party accessories.. You can say good bye to that for new apple products. Apple makes great products, i had an iphone.. No regrets switching to android
    And I started out with Android and switch to iPhone. Really wanted an iPhone to start with, but this was prior to the iPhone 4 and all I have here is Verizon. "Settled" for a Droid 1 - what a pathetic pile of junk. 

Yes, it does look like the dock connector is changing in the next iPhone, but I read somewhere that Apple will likely supply an adaptor to use with existing accessories.